hi
    i need some help here guys, i was charging my 8700 then it came off then the red light appeared, tried to turn it back on and nothin. can sumone plz tell me wats wrong with it, i tried several times and still the red light wont come off and it wont turrn on.
    Last edited by hondat; 07-26-08 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-26-08 09:29 PM
    Follow Stoner's guide to recover a Dead BB:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    07-26-08 09:36 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.
    Sorry you're having difficulty and your 1st post is a cry for help. Dont panic, we'll get you through it. Have you tried removing the battery for 30 secs?
    07-26-08 09:39 PM
    tried to take the battery out stil does the same thing will try to reinstall the os
    07-27-08 06:16 AM
    Have you dropped your Berry, or has it received any water damage?
    07-27-08 06:18 AM
    At this point you may have to take Ty advice- follow Stoner's guide and if you have any more questions or encounters problems during the process, please post back and we'll still try our best to help or point you in the direction of people more knowledgeable than us who can help.

Good luck to you.
    07-27-08 06:40 AM
    thanks guys
    07-27-08 12:24 PM
    not getting through guys it reaches half way then says Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    Last edited by hondat; 07-30-08 at 07:58 AM.
    07-29-08 08:07 PM
    can any one give any assistance im still stuck with this problem
    08-02-08 09:47 PM
    I turned on the BB this morning and nothing. I unplugged charger from the unit, plugged it back in and the red light stayed on for a few seconds then nothing. After panicking (batt in/out, different chargers/checking warranty)..I went to the T-Mo store and we swapped out batteries. $29.99 later phone is alive and recharging. Doesn't hurt to try a different battery is what I am trying to say.
    04-14-09 06:51 PM
    not getting through guys it reaches half way then says Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    Were you using mfi multi loader? That error comes when your using that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 06:43 PM
    I have an 8830 and I received the solid red light also. The odd thing was, 7 hours before (going to sleep) my battery was at half life. And when I woke up, all I got was a black screen and the solid red light. But now it's on This is what I did:

I took out the battery for about 1 minute and put it back in. Pressed the red on button for 30 seconds, nothing. Then plugged it into the wall charger for about 10 minutes. Pressed red on button until one of two screens showed: a white screen with active hour glass or a white screen with a battery and a blue bolt. After about 15 minutes of charging, rereading this forum and depressing the red on button frantically, this little BlackBerry was able to get passed the solid red light and two white screens to actually start the OS. Yippee!

Just as amerikim advised about the battery being the issue, I would advise to be patient and keep your battery charging then get a different battery if that doesn't work. It just so happens my red light problem was a battery problem because I had not dropped it, no water damage, only 7 months old, personal use, might have left the screen on the internet browser for 7 hours, and me completely being a n00b... I hope this helps you in being patient to get your BlackBerry up and running.
    Last edited by norcalorangeberry; 12-04-09 at 10:16 AM. Reason: edited smiley face <n00b
    12-04-09 10:16 AM
    I have an 8830 and I received the solid red light also. The odd thing was, 7 hours before (going to sleep) my battery was at half life. And when I woke up, all I got was a black screen and the solid red light. But now it's on This is what I did:

I took out the battery for about 1 minute and put it back in. Pressed the red on button for 30 seconds, nothing. Then plugged it into the wall charger for about 10 minutes. Pressed red on button until one of two screens showed: a white screen with active hour glass or a white screen with a battery and a blue bolt. After about 15 minutes of charging, rereading this forum and depressing the red on button frantically, this little BlackBerry was able to get passed the solid red light and two white screens to actually start the OS. Yippee!

Just as amerikim advised about the battery being the issue, I would advise to be patient and keep your battery charging then get a different battery if that doesn't work. It just so happens my red light problem was a battery problem because I had not dropped it, no water damage, only 7 months old, personal use, might have left the screen on the internet browser for 7 hours, and me completely being a n00b... I hope this helps you in being patient to get your BlackBerry up and running.
    Same happened to me this morning. Battery was about 1 bar when a went to sleep and I did not charge it. When I woke up and tried to turn in on, just nothing happened. Then pulled out the battery twice, nothing happened, then I plugged in to the wall charger and it took 15 minutes until it turned on again and begin charging again.

I am now wondering if the problem was leaving the battery to the end without charging??
    01-31-10 07:23 AM
    i am having a problem with my bb 8350 curve. my phone was nuked then i restored it, then i went to update it and it gave me error205...doing what a post told me to do no my phone won't even come on. I have a red light that blinks twice at a time but no display.....HELPPPPP!!!!
    02-01-10 03:38 PM
    Hello People of the crackberry world. iIam having problems with my bb curve 8350i.
    i got an error 523 error to let me know that my phone was nuked. Thanx to the people here in Crackberry world i got it back up and going. now i went to my dm to update it and got an error 205. I talkedto a few folks to help me out and now my phone will not show a display and the red light blinks 2=twice at a time. I tried to mannually install the Apploader but it keeps stopping and says"Insufficient battery level to continue the operation." but the pattery is fully charged......ANY IDEAS?
    02-01-10 04:00 PM
    hi!
    i have an 8350i, i went to bed, battery almost dying, i said: ill charge it in the morning,when in th morning i was on th way to th kitchen, th phone went off, happened to me couple of times, so i decided to charge it, when i plugged it, a red light came on, then off, after that, i am almost crazy!!i have been in several forums, tried to use JL_cmder, i tried that like 10 times, and nothing,i think the device is not being recognized or something,when i plug th usb, again the red light comes on, then off,i dont know what happened, please i need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-02-10 12:28 AM
    Hello all,
    Need help here. I was sending an IM earlier tonight, When all of a sudden, Out of nowhere, My BlackBerry 8900 just died. No warning, No nothing; Just died. It wasn't the battery life as the battery had all of the bars lit. The phone just shut down< And I tried to do a battery pull when it was on the white screen of death, Put it back in, Nothing, The phone wouldn't even come on at all. Then, I tried to push the red end call button, Nothing comes on. It's a completely black screen. All that is left, Is a solid red light. Nothing else.

Any help would be appreciated kindly. Thanks.
    06-10-10 05:37 AM
    Okay i bet you've heard this before because i wouldn't of thought this would help but today my blackberry curve 8520 had a flat battery and i switched it off and it wouldn't switch back on and came up with a red steady light and i spent about 3 hours trying to figure out what's wrong and i tried everything literally and in the end i decided to see if it would work if i just installed blackberry desktop manager i left my phone plugged into the usb whilst installing the blackberry and then my phone gave some life of a battery on the screen then when i had finished installing the DM my phone came up with a little clock kind of thing like they do when they are turning on and then when i had finally got to restarting the desktop manger it finally switched fully on and is now at the moment charging and is working perfectly fine... honestly give this a try if not i'm sorry i can't help but this is the only way i could get mine to switch on
    06-16-10 12:52 PM
    My 8310 isnt initializing!
    the battery charging symbol is being displayed continuously even though the battery status was 70% when i checked it on another device!
    07-27-10 12:12 PM
    its been 4 days and still no luck!
    07-31-10 02:20 AM
    i kind of have the same problem . except for me its a steady red light , and i cant change the brightness .. and it works . but its annoying ..
    08-01-10 01:54 AM
    this has been happening to me for months now and nothing is more frustrating than not having a phone when im organizing a keg party at my college house.. it seems to happen every saturday night..

anyway THIS WORKS!
    the battery has some play in it right? get your fingernail on the top part of the battery and push it down so you get a more firm contact. should reset itself right after. hit the power button as well when your doing this. if it works for you let me know because it works for me EVERY time now. goodluck
    08-24-10 03:52 PM
    hi how are you my blackberry not work only stop red light can u help me pls pls pls kindly i wait for ur answer
    09-07-10 04:12 PM
    hi
    i need some help here guys, i was charging my 8700 then it came off then the red light appeared, tried to turn it back on and nothin. can sumone plz tell me wats wrong with it, i tried several times and still the red light wont come off and it wont turrn on.
    I had the same problem ,and i took battery out for 2 minutes and then i pluged the wall charger into BB without inserting battery for 1 minute.Then i put the battery back and pressed the red button for 5 seconds .It turned on .you can try this trick and i hope it wil work ....Good luck
    01-08-11 04:21 PM
    i have a 8520 and lastnight i dropped it and got literally a lil wet, it also came apart. i put it back together and i turned it on,it worked perfectly. i forgot to charge it lastnight so i woke up in the morning and charged it,but the only thing that came up was the red light.some tmobile person told me i had water damage but to put it in rice and that isnt working.what should i do? can i revive it?....can someone help me? i really need help
    01-16-11 10:49 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD