Hey,

I just got my 8700c Blackberry today and I tried converting over the contacts from my T-Mobile SIM card and it says "data connection refused." I also tried to sync it with iSync and that doesn't work for BlackBerrys, and I also tried this PocketMac SyncManager as well but that did not work as well. Any tips to get my contacts transferred over (because I don't want to type in 260 contacts by hand )? thanks!
    06-02-08 04:46 PM
    Your TMobile SIM card won't work for the phone at all if it's not a TMobile phone or if it's not unlocked. You may be able to go to your service provider with your old SIM card and have them do a "transfer." I know some providers use to do that, but I haven't ever done it personally. It may be worth a shot to give them a call to see.

And, no, iAnything isn't going to work for your BlackBerry. You can use many provider's sites to download the Desktop Manager for BlackBerry.
    06-02-08 06:13 PM
    "You can use many provider's sites to download the Desktop Manager for BlackBerry."

if you're using pocketmac, you must be on a mac... God help us if we have to go another year without real BB Desktop Manager for MacOS!

that said, you should be able to do a few basic things with pocketmac, like sync contacts with address book and bb calendar with ical...

go through all the little checkboxes in pocketmac and make sure you're syncing the right way, etc... also, even if you get an error message, go into address book and see if the data was actually transferred (sometimes everything works, in spite of the error message)

in the meantime somebody @ RIM pleeeaaase help me turn that ridiculous old pc into the doorstop it was always meant to be...
    06-19-08 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD