My specs:
    8703e Verizon
    OS 4.2.1.110 (Platform 2.3.0.24)
    BB Dimension Zen Theme

My Problem:
    When I have my Loud profile activated, I have a custom mp3 ringtone set for incoming SMS messages. After upgrading my OS to 4.2.1.110 (Platform 2.3.0.24) from the original factory 4.1, I can no longer silence the ringtone for SMS messages by pressing the red 'End Call', mute, escape button, or any button for that matter. I actually have to listen to the entire ringtone to completion. For standard ringtones (tested with Calypso.mid), the end call button will silence the ringer. Strange that this only occurs for mp3 ringtones.

For incoming calls, it's not a problem as picking up the call (Green call button) or ignoring the call (Red call button) will silence the ringtone.

Does anybody else with my setup have this problem? If so, have you found a solution?

The scenario I'm trying to avoid is this - I'm in a meeting, I've forgotten to set my phone profile to 'Vibrate' and I receive an SMS message which everyone now has to listen to in its entirety.

Much thanks in advance for the help.
    05-19-08 12:47 AM
    I have that problem also and have not figured out how to fix it. Will watch for a fix.

thanks,
    ronkers
    05-28-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD