Good morning all,

I recently fell on the ground with my BB 8703 and made a nasty scratch on the front of it. I called my local service provider and was told they cannot replace the glass only and that I can't even replace the entire case. The only solution would be to change the unit entirely however, not being under warranty anymore I have to purchase a new unit.

Anu ideas for me ?

Thanks !
    03-20-08 10:06 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Someone usually has a berry for sale on here. I purchased mine from ebay. Check the forums. There is a lot of good information to help you. Also, the moderators are cool.
    03-20-08 10:16 AM
    sorry to bump this up.
    its a week old, but in case the guys still here,
    i was shopping around for housing for my 8700c and by the looks of it that glass part is replaceable pretty cheap.
    do a search on ebay for 8703 faceplate.
    its that clear lcd cover thats scratched right?
    Not the actual screen UNDER the lcd?
    03-30-08 07:18 PM
    I used to work in the Watch and clock repair industry. Polishing plastic glass was a daily event. Try your local jeweller/watchmaker and see if they are willing to help.
    03-30-08 08:29 PM
    Can always try that cnn.cn site if they have parts I dont get why you wouldnt be able to change just the glass i thought the screen was a seperate piece.
    03-30-08 08:31 PM
    you should be able to just replace the glass like everyone else is saying google is my best friend
    03-30-08 09:55 PM
    Replacing the lens (ie plastic glass), is relatively trivial. Like everyone is saying, google it. There are quite a few good tutorials out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 10:45 PM
    03-31-08 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD