Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

11 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy is it safe to delete certificates?

I recently purchased a Sprint 8703e off eBay. I "wiped the handheld" and then upgraded the OS using BB Desktop Manager to OS I know that there is an IT policy currently on the phone. I am going to follow the steps in some other crackberry forums later that deal with the removal of an IT policy and see if I can do it.

My question: There are a bunch of "certificates" listed on the phone when I go to Options > Security > Certificates .... I am assuming that this was a corporate phone before I bought it off eBay.

QUESTION: is simply "deleting" these certificates the way to remove them since the "wipe" and "upgrade to OS 4.5" didn't do the job?

CrackBerry User

10 Posts

Removing them can be done, but counter-productive time saving would result, because every time you must use a particular server (like log in's, banking, credit card, etc.), you would have to stop & get the CA
    mercedes benz parts
    honda parts
    Last edited by seaboy; 05-30-10 at 04:47 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

2 Posts

what does CA mean exactly and i also wanted to know if i do delete all the certificates from my blackberry would i be able to get them back from somewhere?