Hi all,

I have a strange problem with Roxio Media Manager. When I install this one, it can't detect my Blackberry (8700f) when I start Roxio Manager! My OS is Windows XP Professionel.

On my personal computer (Vista Ultimate), when I install Roxio and connect a Blackberry Curve 8320, there is no problem ... I can "play" with Roxio and my Blackberry !

Any idea ?

PS: On the 2 PC, there are Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3, but on XP Computer, before there was Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2, and the software could not detect 8700f ...
    Last edited by Nico_mega; 01-22-08 at 02:04 AM.
    01-22-08 01:54 AM
    Oh i' have just found this link :

forums.crackberry.com/f46/roxio-media-manager-5766

Can you confirm me what if Blackberry OS is older than 4.2 version, it's impossible to Roxio to detect my 8700 ?
    01-22-08 02:19 AM
    I'm pretty sure you need 4.2 O.S. and later for it to work. I would not put to much on your BB, because it does not have a memory card.
    01-22-08 03:08 AM
    And it's possible for a 8700 to upgrade to 4.2 version or later ?

For your information, by Application Loader in Blackberry Desktop Manager, I don't have as choice "BlackBerry Device Software" so it's not possible to upgrade ?

Can you confirm me ?
    01-22-08 03:40 AM
    Hey,

I have the same problem with my 8703. For you info ver 4.3 didn't help me at all. The bberry is still not listed in the media manager device list. Have you figured anything out.

Jason
    01-23-08 09:32 AM
    Can you guys suggest another application that can work with a media card/media manager other than roxio? i really hope this is where i should ask this question. i did searches on roxio and media manager but found nothing on an alternative to roxio (it sux! i agree with everyone) i can do that drag/drop straight into the card thru my computer, that is easy... but when i stick a video file in there, it doesn't convert it correctly to play on my BB. i have the 8100 running vista---i am tryin to install .avi on my SD card. thanx in advance for any comment, and don't KILL me if this isn't the spot for a question of this nature... but this IS the Roxio media manager thread...
    ?????
    01-25-08 04:25 PM
    i'm having the same problem. Roxio isnt detecting my 8700c
    01-28-08 02:50 PM
    well i DL'd 4.2 but my phone is still running on 4.1 for some reason. what am i not doing?
    01-28-08 03:33 PM
    Have you installed OS 4.2 on your device? Click options-about to see what version you are running. Roxio will not run on OS 4.1, only on OS 4.2. This is the device firmware. Does not matter which version of the desktop manager you are running.
    01-29-08 07:31 AM
    Can you guys suggest another application that can work with a media card/media manager other than roxio? i really hope this is where i should ask this question. i did searches on roxio and media manager but found nothing on an alternative to roxio (it sux! i agree with everyone) i can do that drag/drop straight into the card thru my computer, that is easy... but when i stick a video file in there, it doesn't convert it correctly to play on my BB. i have the 8100 running vista---i am tryin to install .avi on my SD card. thanx in advance for any comment, and don't KILL me if this isn't the spot for a question of this nature... but this IS the Roxio media manager thread...
    ?????
    you might try taking the sd card out of the 8100 and use and adapter and put it in your card reader on your comp for moving it to your device. This may work or it may not, I don't have that model. I can have my boss check since he has an 8800 which also uses the micro sd card.
    01-29-08 12:03 PM
    yea so i'm an ***** and didnt look at the top thread about how to update the OS. it worked great once i followed the directions in the thread lol
    02-05-08 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD