Help--I have a 8700G for work, and it was set up so that only phone calls would generate a ring and messages would vibrate only. For some reason, now messages no longer vibrate, but phone calls do still ring.
    11-10-08 01:37 PM
    well when i customize vibrate indicator or call ringtone i do this ... go to the Profile icon (where you change from loud to vibrate to normal to quiet etc...) then scroll down to where it says "advanced" and click the tracwheel.
    next, whichever profile is "(active)" select it by clicking the tracwheel then select "edit" with a click.
    then scroll down to whatever you want to change which i think u want is messages so go to that and select it with the click of the tracwheel and again scroll to "edit" and click the tracwheel again.
    u should be in a screen that lets you chose the way you want to be notified when receiving a message. make sure you save before exiting out.
    hope this helps....goodluck
    11-13-08 12:53 AM
    Thanks--actually I was able to get that done last night while away from my PC. The problem was that I had inadvertently changed my profile. Went back in and edited the active profile and now it all works as I had wanted it to.
    Cheers
    11-13-08 04:37 AM
    Glad you got it going.
    11-13-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD