I'm a relatively new user of the 8700g and am stymied by the way the address book app seems to work.

I have roughly a thousand entries in the NAB, accumulated over 12 years or so in various versions of Outlook. When I first copied them to the Blackberry Intellisync actually core-dumped 3-4 times before I found all the poorly-formed entries it didn't like.

Anyhow, now when I am at the opening screen, when I type the first letter of certain entries they are never found. For instance if the list is at the top, with the A entries, and I type F to scroll the display to the start of the F entries, I will get some entries for surnames that start with W and Z, where the first names start with F. I end up having to scroll from the top, using the scroll wheel, to get to the F entries. Very tedious!!!

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--KC
    06-03-07 12:47 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

go into Addressbook / Options, and sort them the way you want; i.e. lastname,. firstname or firstname, lastname. Do a battery pull, and try again...
    06-03-07 12:49 PM
    Thank you so much. Worked like a charm. Wonder why; maybe indexes get rebuilt. Anyhow, I've gotten what I needed and I appreciate it.

--KC

Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

go into Addressbook / Options, and sort them the way you want; i.e. lastname,. firstname or firstname, lastname. Do a battery pull, and try again...
    06-03-07 04:24 PM
    "...indexes get rebuilt", you are exactly right!
    06-03-07 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD