First off let me say hello and happy holidays to everyone This is my first post on this forum and it is an important one. I am brand new to the blackberries and I screwed mine up without barely getting to use it.

Now on with the problem. I purchased a Sprint Blackberry 8703e off ebay that was flashed to metropcs. This was a christmas present to my girlfriend as she needed a new phone. Now everything is good . great seller. I could make calls and recieve texts and I had google internet. I was having trouble moving her contacts from the old phone onto the new phone. so I read somewhere to download the BB Desktop Manager. Well I did that and synced the pc and phone. It asked me if wanted to do an update. I didn't think anything of it and it looked like only applications nothing major. well after the update the screen was different and the phone now goes to a national collect call service.

I think I did something bad. It is really important that I get this taken care of asap as this was a gift and it my girlfriend. (everyone can understand that one.) I have tried contacting the seller with no luck yet. I think because it is the holidays he isn't taking calls. hopefully.

now I could use some advice about the best path to take to getting this resolved. I know it can be done I just need some help.

Thanks, dave
    12-27-09 06:34 PM
    man I really need some help and I get this. please if you don't have an answer dont' post. now where are the BB genius's at? This should be a simple answer.
    12-28-09 03:22 PM
    alien I don't know much about flashing but you might have to get it redone in order to get the phone to work. Again, not a "genius" with BB.
    12-29-09 08:13 AM
    well I am going to Metro pcs today see if they can do something. If anyone else has any suggestions, post up. I could really use all the help I could get.
    12-30-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD