Hello Everyone!!,

Hope you guys can help, this is a wierd problem. I have an 8703e bb with 4.2.1.106 OS installed. I downloaded a custom ringtone and set it as my level 1 messages tone. Now any time I recieve a level 1 message I'm unable to stop the tune by moving the track wheel, opening message ect. The only way it will stop is to wait for the entire tune to finish playing. I've tried several different custom tunes and all with the same result. If I change it back to one of the preloaded tunes it works fine. Any clue? Thanks for your help!!

cj
    07-08-08 04:34 PM
    I am going to take a stab at this one. I believe on they older phones you need to put a certain amount of seconds for the song. meaning if you want to last ten seconds, then thats what you need to put. I had a problem with the wing as well. Were i would try to put a ringtone for my sms and it wouldnt stop ringing until the song was over. hopes this is helpful
    07-09-08 09:01 PM
    Hi, and welcome to crackberry cj. This is what I do. I use audacity to create my own ringtones. I make em about 15 seconds. It works for me. Google audacity, download it then go to a tutorial. Its really easy to use. Have any problems feel free to pin me.
    07-10-08 10:45 AM
    Thanks for your help you guys. I'll give it whirl and let you know!
    07-11-08 07:31 AM
    I tried both of your replies but no success. Rpl32, I couldn't find anywhere to set the time of the mp3 in the bb. Also seems strange why I would have to do that becuase I don't have to for the preloaded mp3s. BB_Curve00 I used Audacity to create the new ringtone and still same problem as well.

Just seems weird how I can interupt the ringtone by moving the trackwheel using a preloaded tune, but not a custom. Any other suggestions out there?
    07-12-08 07:21 AM
    I tried both of your replies but no success. Rpl32, I couldn't find anywhere to set the time of the mp3 in the bb. Also seems strange why I would have to do that becuase I don't have to for the preloaded mp3s. BB_Curve00 I used Audacity to create the new ringtone and still same problem as well.

Just seems weird how I can interupt the ringtone by moving the trackwheel using a preloaded tune, but not a custom. Any other suggestions out there?
    Hi Cj. The time (duration) of your mp3 is NOT a setting you'll find on your phone. You have to do that from your computer when creating the ringtone. What you need is a program (I cant offer a name of one because I dont make my own) to create/edit the mp3 to the desired duration.

From your initial post, I am thinking you're using whole songs. Ringers are general no more than 30 secs long and I believe tones/sounds for alerts like what you mentioned you need it for, are shorter.
    07-12-08 07:28 AM
    OK, I might be misunderstanding you. But, scandalex is right. With audacity you pick the part of the song you want. Left click then drag to the right to where you want it to end. Then trim it. Now your ring tone is whatever length you want. I usually only make mine max 15 seconds. If you like pm me and I'll send you a ring tone I made and you can try that out. Would certainly tell you which is wrong.
    Last edited by rlp32; 07-12-08 at 11:24 AM.
    07-12-08 09:10 AM
    Hello, I'm kind of the opposite lol.. I cant even get my sound to make noise when i get a new message and phone rings no problem blackberry message makes sound.. Wont make sound when i get new email and i just upgraded to O/S 4.2.1.110.

If anyone has suggestions rather then the obvious i already did please let me know.
    07-17-08 03:53 PM
    Hi and welcome to crackberry D1GGY. Lets see here, did it work on your older version of your operating system? Is this a ringtone your trying to use or a system sound?
    07-17-08 05:52 PM
    Hi and welcome to crackberry D1GGY. Lets see here, did it work on your older version of your operating system? Is this a ringtone your trying to use or a system sound?
    Hello, Yes it worked on older version of O/S. Every other sound works for phone calls,blackberry messenger sounds but not when i receive an email. Here's my settings and not sure why these wont work for messages and i changed them all to same settings as the ones that worked. ANd still no sound or notification

Notifier_Contentment is the tone im tryign to use and i have tried other ones also to no such luck

Out of HOlster= Tone
    Tune = Notifier_Contentment
    Volume=high
    number of beeps=2
    repeat notification=none
    number of vibrations=1

in holster = none (dont use the holster ever)
    tune alarm_electronic
    volume mute
    number of beeps= 1
    repeat notifcation = none

Not sure if this helps but those are the settings and as stated everything else works but this.. Not a noob on settings but not sure if im missing anythign here. Please help someone lol.
    07-17-08 06:33 PM
    You know what....try this. Change the in holster settings to match you out of holster settings. If that don't work only thing I can think of is either re-installing your OS or going back to your old OS. Never had this issue before..sorry if that don't help.
    07-17-08 07:02 PM
    You know what....try this. Change the in holster settings to match you out of holster settings. If that don't work only thing I can think of is either re-installing your OS or going back to your old OS. Never had this issue before..sorry if that don't help.

Hello, Well thanks for the help however still not working.. I find this weird that every other sound works for everything but incoming emails lol. Cheers anyways and thanks for replying so fast i hope i can somehow figure this out would hate to go back to older version.
    07-17-08 07:14 PM
    Yea, I agree it is weird. Now you got me racking my brain. Although I wont be able to answer till the morning. Wife has the 8700. There has got to be a setting we are missing, just has to be..lol.
    07-17-08 07:56 PM
    Yea, I agree it is weird. Now you got me racking my brain. Although I wont be able to answer till the morning. Wife has the 8700. There has got to be a setting we are missing, just has to be..lol.
    ****ty part is all 4 guys in our office have same BB and side by side we went over settings nothing different lol.. Boggles my mind why i cant get sound on incoming messages.

I want to say the upgrade but would that not be stupid to only have sound not work for messages while it works for the rest of the items.. PUZZZZZZZZLED here..

Also worse case scenario just because it is kind of key that i hear emails is there somewhere i can download the older O/S i was once using??

Is it possible theres a corrupted file of some sort?? Any hardcore Blackberry uebergeeks know if a file corrupted could be causing this?? just a shot in the dark lol.
    07-17-08 09:18 PM
    whats weird is having your phone set to a custom ringtone, and even after you answer the phone, and talking to whomever called you, you still have the ringtone blarring in your ear for atleast 5-10secs until the ringtone is over..And i made mine 20secs long..my old 8703E did it fine, but i updated the phone due to damage and the new phone they sent is doing this problem.....VERY irritating...
    08-27-08 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD