I'm kind of new to BlackBerry and I need some help. I bought a 8700c on ebay v4.1.0.194 and I want to update the OS.

I've downloaded Desktop Manager and I have tried the way I have read about (to download newer version to PC, delete Vendor.Xml and open apploader) but that deemed unsuccessful and I had to use my backup to restore my phone because the screen went green and wouldn't respond.

Can anybody please give me a walk through on how to do this? It would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
    05-06-08 02:22 PM
    05-06-08 02:30 PM
    I've already tried that. Didn't work.
    05-06-08 02:32 PM
    Can't get any simpler than those directions. If they didn't work than you probably didn't do something right.
    05-06-08 02:45 PM
    Okay, so I deleted everything Blackberry off of my laptop and reinstalled Desktop Manager and the OS I want. Now in apploader, its saying "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have the Blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer."

So what do I need to do?

I know that this is all probably common sense. But like I said, Im new to this. Sorry to be such a bother guys.

Thanks in advance.
    05-06-08 05:36 PM
    That just means that you don't have the phone's OS installed to your computer. If you follow the instructions from that link, you shouldn't have any problem...
    05-06-08 06:07 PM
    oh, im just getting so frustrated... ive done absolutely everything that im supposed to do, in the order and way im supposed to, and i still am not doing it right! i dont know what i could possibly be doing wrong!!!!!!!!! ahhh!!!!
    05-06-08 07:12 PM
    i finally got it working

turns out i wasn't installing the right upgrade on my pc ... lol..

told you i was new at this. hehe.

but thank you for your help.

anybody know if there is a newer version for 8700c upgrade other than the Venezuelan 4.2 version?

Thanks!
    05-06-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD