currently have verizon and am aware of all the limitations they put on their phones, disabling certain features to make you subscribe to their services. it seems as though any of the devices would be sufficient to start out with but i don't want to be overwhelmed with features, so which one? i am eligible for an upgrade at the end of the month so is it the 8703 or the pearl 2? any and all help is appreciated.
    10-15-07 11:35 PM
    Before buying one, you have to decide, do you like suretype (Pearl), or QWERTY (Curve)?

Answering that alone, will send you in the right direction...
    10-16-07 03:38 AM
    thats the thing. i've never had this type of device. i've been to the store to see how they feel but you can only be there so long before they think you're a weirdo. i'll more than likely go with which one initially has a better deal on it or at least close when the pearl 2 is out.thanks for all of your help.
    10-17-07 09:41 AM
    Remember you do have 30 days to return/exchange the device if you are not happy with it!!
    10-17-07 11:15 AM
    what is QWERTY? is that just meaning it has a full keyboard and not 2 letters per key...i love my suretype...
    10-17-07 11:31 AM
    also...any pics of the Pearl 2...i googled it and get the 8100 or the curve labeled as "pearl 2?"
    10-17-07 11:36 AM
    what is QWERTY? is that just meaning it has a full keyboard and not 2 letters per key...i love my suretype...
    deggy-

look at your computer keyobard...

now starting from the top left...read the letters from left to right....

q w e r t y ....

a "qwerty" keyboard is a standard keyboard...one key...one letter...

a pearl as you know is suretype...

-db
    10-17-07 02:50 PM
    deggy-

look at your computer keyobard...

q w e r t y ....

a pearl as you know is suretype...

-db
    OMG wow...im an *****...how did i not realize that!
    10-17-07 03:46 PM
    sometimes the most obvious is the most difficult to see...

(see: forest/trees and their relation etc...)

just kidding...

-db
    10-17-07 04:07 PM
    As a professional trainer, I have always told my students that there was no such thing as a stupid question!
    10-17-07 09:21 PM
    If you are using Verizon, I would also consider the 8310. It doesn't have a camera, but it's a very nice phone with a full QWERTY keyboard, GPS, and a lot of other nice features. Sorry if this makes your decision even tougher.
    10-17-07 09:33 PM

q w e r t y ....

my God thank you lol I was puzzled as to why they called it that
    10-17-07 09:38 PM
    Hey deggyfresh,

I also love SureType although I hated it when I first got it. However, after about 1 week, I found that I could type very, very fast on it.

The Pearl 2, as you know, has SureType, but also has so many great, new features. Having said that, why don't you 'go for it.'

- CB
    10-21-07 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD