I bought my first BlackBerry - the 8703e, on Monday. I set the time manually, then Tuesday I downloaded the DST patch. Whenever I get new messages, the date and time on them is correct, I don't have a problem.. but my call log is acting strange.

I have it set so that whenever I push the green send button, the call log comes up. Today is March 22nd... and I received a phone call at about 1am. So, looking at the log it looks like this:
    Name of caller 12:55am

But then the phone call underneath that, received March 21st looks like this:
    Name of caller 3/22
    When you click on the view history, it says that I received the phone call on 3/22 at 11:15pm. Which is impossible.

I don't understand. I've checked the Date/Time a million times and it's correct everywhere else... so why is it not right here? Please help, this is driving me crazy!
    03-22-07 08:16 AM
    First of all welcome....

Secondly, have you done a battery pull (30 secs) just to see if that helps....
    Also make sure you City Time is set correctly...whcih i think you said you had done....

Options --> Date & Time....

Just out of interest - when you are in Date & Time - What is your Time Source?

Blackberry?

Keep us posted
    03-22-07 08:38 AM
    Options --> Date & Time....

Just out of interest - when you are in Date & Time - What is your Time Source?

Blackberry?

Keep us posted
    Try setting your Time Source to Network and see if that helps.
    03-22-07 08:40 AM
    What is a battery pull, if you don't mind me asking? Is that just taking out the battery and putting it back in?

And my Time Source is set to Network...
    03-22-07 08:49 AM
    Oh wow, that fixed it! I turned it off, took out the battery and put it back in and the call log is fixed... now that entry that was saying 3/22 (and the ones before it) is saying 3/21. Yay!

I had no idea it would be so easy, I never thought to do that. Thanks so much!
    03-22-07 08:57 AM
    Good to hear. You'll find that in many instances where something doesn't seem right with your BB, a simple battery pull will gt things back to normal. It's just like rebooting a PC. You don't have to do it often, but I do one about once a week just to keep things working smoothly.
    03-22-07 08:59 AM
    Thanks again... it's something I used to do with my last cell phone when things wouldn't work properly but I guess I'll get into the habit of doing it with this one. ) Now I'm positively in love with my berry, lol!
    03-22-07 09:07 AM
    Glad it worked...

Its a known fact that BB are pretty solid devices and are very hard to break...I have yet to manage that and been through a few.....

But with the knowledge and friendliness here at Crackberry - you will find a way...

Keep Crackin'
    03-22-07 09:13 AM
    how do you know if the battery pull worked
    04-06-07 01:05 AM
    If it corrected the issue, then it worked.
    04-06-07 06:56 PM
    I had an issue about the same and the battery pull fixed it. It is just like the PC, if all else fails...Reboot
    04-11-07 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD