Quick question... I am new to the whole blackberry thing but I have always wanted one. Come to find out, my work is currently re-vamping all of the equipment and is giving away BBs to people who want them. (How I got my 8703e)
    The question is, the unit is set up on the BES Server and I can't seem to get it to do anything else. I am trying to set this up so that I can transfer my account to it. Is there a way I can remove the BES server information altogether and install the BIS?
    Bobby
    01-11-08 10:55 AM
    Bobby, if your company put you on their BES, the very last thing you want to do is remove it.

1. They will know. The BB BES admins will know. They can log everything you do with your device.
    If they have it locked down to disallow certain things, it is for a reason. It is done via an IT Policy which they push to the device.
    2. You could lose your job, not following corporate policy, etc.,

Good luck.
    Last edited by jsanders; 01-11-08 at 11:26 AM.
    01-11-08 11:02 AM
    Well, let me rephrase a little bit. They gave these phone to us because they were going to throw them away or donate them, so I am not included in the "Big Wig" group. I am just trying to I guess basicall format this thing so that I can have it for my personal use.
    I really need to know what I should do with this thing to make it like I just bought it from the store(remove the policy and what not) I am new to these things so bear with me. Once I get this going, it will have nothing to do with my work.
    01-11-08 11:10 AM
    Even still, you will really do need to ask your BES admins to "push a blank IT Policy to you", and ask them to remove the BB form the BES. There are instructions here to remove the IT Policy yourself, it is simple, but as soon as you, and the Policy gets pushed back to you automatically, it all starts over again.

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck.
    01-11-08 11:28 AM
    Let me ask this, is there no way to restore the entire operating system like you can with a computer. Erase everything on the drive and start over. That would be easier. Our network & IT people are not locally located and it is a pain to try and talk to them.
    01-11-08 11:53 AM
    As long as you are not intending on reconnecting to the BES follow the instructions in the Remove IT Policy FAQ above. This will get rid of the policy. Once that is done you can setup all your BIS stuff as normal. You'll need a BB data plan from Verizon..yada yada.
    01-11-08 12:21 PM
    I followed the steps to remove the policy but it appears that it did not work. Any suggestions?
    I also tried to update the software on the handheld, nut I wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to do.
    What would be the newest software available for the 8703e?
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 01-15-08 at 02:23 PM.
    01-15-08 01:56 PM
    I found the software update for the 8703e. I installed the new software and now the BB shows a symbol that I would guess states that there is no operating system (window with a circle and a line through it). Also, the number 543 is underneath the symbol. HELP!!!

Update... I tried to restart the whole process, but the application loader says that the OS is already installed and that there are no actions available. I am at a loss on what to do.
    Bobby
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 01-15-08 at 04:11 PM.
    01-15-08 03:46 PM
    I have fixed the OS problem that I was having, but I have still not been able t remove the policy from the phone. Are there any other suggestions for removing this?
    01-15-08 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD