Hello,

Thank you in advance. I have a BB 8700 and all I want is to transfer pics and songs from my PC. How can I do that? Can some one tell me how to do this and what program do I need. I really appreciate it. My phone is only for calls and text messages. I don't have e-mail or internet. I bought it on Ebay. PLEASE HELP!!!! GRACIAS...i HAVE THE desktop manager, what is next?

BlackBerry Fan from Texas.
    05-31-08 05:12 PM
    im still waiting on my ebay 8700 and i think from reading, you need to DL the newest desktop manager that comes with media manager..
    06-01-08 08:58 PM
    If the files aren't too big, email them from your pc to yourself then save them on your bb.
    06-01-08 10:04 PM
    I'm in the same situation & I'm totally new to BB. I bought a BB on ebay, got a great deat on a BB 8700C. I downloaded and installed the desktop manager but cannot figure out how to transfer pics and nusic to my handheld.

I get my service through work so am only using the phone and text message portion so I cannot email myself the pics and other stuff. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also used to be able to recieve attachements though text messaging but with the BB the text comes through but no the attachement, any idea why? Thanks again.
    06-02-08 11:25 AM
    ok, i just did the same, got my phone from ebay, downloaded the desktop manager 4.3 with the media manager, installed...

now the trick i found after searching is you ALSO need to download the right device software for your phone.. the tmobile guy im not sure where to get the device software, but jackjumpedup,. copy and paste this link...

add http here before the s (i cant post links yet i guess s://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=7khBLQ9OorfcG90bwlH5+ A**

if link doesnt work, go to cingular.com support forums blackberry at the top is balckberry software and faqs..
    click on the "For BlackBerry software downloads for AT&T please see here

choose 8700c dload it, run the program, open desktop manager, connect your phone, and you should be promtd for an upgrade, or whatever, upgrade if you want,.. takes a while, not sure if you need to upgrade, i did mine anyway.. then when all was done, i clicked the media manager, another screen came up and i could drag files from my computer to the ringtone, or pictures folder on the berry.,. hope this helps.... now you should be able to use the media manager, and the app loader to load opera mini or whatever games, and stuff
    06-06-08 08:32 AM
    also, i forgot to mention, i was able to put ringtones/pics on my phone before i got the device software, ran desktop manager then media manager and had to dissconnect and reconnect my phone from the pc a couple times and it finally read it... but the way above should solve all problems..
    06-06-08 08:37 AM
    Larger files wont appear on mine - not sure if email and download will work for that.
    06-09-08 09:08 PM
    Not sure if my 8700 supported music and pics when I had one. I know it doesnt have a camera. If it supports a media card you can download everything to it.
    06-09-08 09:14 PM
    doesnt hold a media card.. just internal flash memory..
    06-10-08 11:29 AM
    how the **** do you use this thing?
    07-01-08 12:32 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    07-01-08 07:40 PM
    i got a 8703e, does that take micro sd cards?
    07-27-08 12:12 AM
    i figured out the hard way that the newest Desktop Mgr w/ Roxio Media Mgr doesnt work w/ the 8700. You need to dl Media Mgr ver 4.2.1
    07-27-08 10:42 PM
    i got a 8703e, does that take micro sd cards?
    Nope, no micro sd slot.
    07-28-08 01:26 AM
    Is the 8703e a outdated phone
    / my mom has this discussion with me that i should change to the pearl or Word Edition because the processor is old and that the other ones are newer?
    07-30-08 11:15 AM
    ok, i just did the same, got my phone from ebay, downloaded the desktop manager 4.3 with the media manager, installed...

now the trick i found after searching is you ALSO need to download the right device software for your phone.. the tmobile guy im not sure where to get the device software, but jackjumpedup,. copy and paste this link...

add http here before the s (i cant post links yet i guess s://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=7khBLQ9OorfcG90bwlH5+ A**

if link doesnt work, go to cingular.com support forums blackberry at the top is balckberry software and faqs..
    click on the "For BlackBerry software downloads for AT&T please see here

choose 8700c dload it, run the program, open desktop manager, connect your phone, and you should be promtd for an upgrade, or whatever, upgrade if you want,.. takes a while, not sure if you need to upgrade, i did mine anyway.. then when all was done, i clicked the media manager, another screen came up and i could drag files from my computer to the ringtone, or pictures folder on the berry.,. hope this helps.... now you should be able to use the media manager, and the app loader to load opera mini or whatever games, and stuff
    This makes sense to me... I know that when I upgraded the actual handheld software... it solved a lot of problems for me... I am going to try to upgrade the desk top manager to 4.3 again.... but when I do.. I keep having error messge problems....
    07-30-08 08:51 PM
    i figured out the hard way that the newest Desktop Mgr w/ Roxio Media Mgr doesnt work w/ the 8700. You need to dl Media Mgr ver 4.2.1
    that's right
    07-31-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD