- CrackBerry User
- 65 Posts
My phone won't turn on and keeps restarting.
I have an 8700g which I bought a couple weeks ago used on eBay and worked perfectly until I accidentally downloaded a wrong theme for it and now it won't turn on. It just keeps restarting by itself. I've done a battery pull several times. I don't know what else to try. I know T-Mobile won't replace it since I bought it used.
- CrackBerry Genius
03-13-2008, 08:19 AM #2
- 2,542 Posts
- t low
You need to find the utility file Jl_cmder, using it to wipe your BB and reload a new OS...
Download your BB OS from your carrier download site, install that on your PC. Find the Jl_cmder application and load it to your PC... There are instructions here on CB somewhere.
- CrackBerry User
03-13-2008, 08:28 AM #3
- 11 Posts
I have a 8703e which I hope is the same as 8700.
I also got it from EBay.
I think you lost your operating system that is the reason it is not booting.
You have to get the desktop manager v4.3 and updated firmware for your phone
v4.2 and try to see if this will put a new operating system that works.
You need a usb cable from your computer to your blackberry.
I also forgot to ask you is your battery fully charged.
I hope this helps.
- 09-28-2008, 08:12 PM #8
My Pearl is back to life
I got a faulty 8100 from eBay for £25 including P&P. The fault was:
- It shows an error message: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
- It keeps restarting
The steps I did to bring my 8100 back to life:
- The first thing I did was wiping the 8100 using JL_comander.
- After that, I reinstalled the OS. While reinstalling the OS, I got an error message on my DM: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
- I knew that the problem was related to insufficient power, therefore I just swap the USB connection to the USB port that generates more power to solve the connection problems.
- I was able to reinstall the OS after swaping the USB port.
- I was able to make calls, send/receive text etc while the 8100 was still connected to the USB port. However, it switched off and keeped restarting after I disconnected the USB port.
- I checked the battery and I found that the battery was fine.
- I assumed that the problem was related to the electrical connection between the battery and the mainboard. I then dismantled the pearl, cleaned the mainboard using a brush, wiped the all the electrical connections using a cotton bud wetted with alcohol. I left the mainboard until the alcohol fully evaporated.
- Put everything back and fully charged the battery
- Switch the 8100 on.....and it works....
Last edited by palingpinter; 09-28-2008 at 08:16 PM.
- 05-18-2011, 01:26 PM #12
Guys i have a bold 9000 and i downloaded a theme from a couple of days then 5 mins later i charged my phone and suddenly it switched off and kept on restarting, it works as long as the cable isn't connected to the phone as soon as i connect them it boots then reaches to about half the bar then keeps restarting, i tried another source to charge the battery, then i switched on my phone it worked nd all bt then i connected the charger nd it did the same thing all over again..and yea as i connect the cable my screen kinda blurs or something
any way to solve this please.. ?
- 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM #16
well I tried almost everything. Recently I lost my BB but got it back. The phone was completely dead since it ran out of battery. When I try to charge it it just keeps rebooting. I tried the JL_cmdr thing but it cant help me since the device doesnt boot completely.
I wish I could wipe the BB somehow but how do I do it when the phone does not start? All I see is the red led turn on, then the OS starts to load but when it gets to about 2/3 it reboots again.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-15-2012, 11:32 AM #19
- 181 Posts
1) take out the battery, connect to computer and open up desktop manager
2) you will see an error from desktop manager that says "cannot communicate with the connected device" and a battery icon with a red X on your phone. this is normal
3) click "update" on the "cannot communicate with the connected device" screen.
4) choose either "Get update" or "View other versions"
5) it should install and wipe the entire device down.
hope this helps
EDIT: if you are stuck at "Reconnecting to JVM" on the install part of the process, put the battery back into the device without pulling the usb cable or anything else.
Last edited by ram4life; 01-15-2012 at 11:40 AM.
01-31-2012, 12:51 AM #20
- 78 Posts
- = | = :niϤ
- download the latest OS for your phone onto your computer and install it
- go into "Computer/C/Program Files/Common Files/RIM/Apploader and delete the "vendor.xlm" file
- take the battery out of your phone and connect your phone via usb to your computer
- now open up the folder in step 2 again
- in the "apploader" folder click on "loader"
- install the new OS
- put your battery in after getting on to the second screen
let me know if it works
- 07-22-2012, 11:40 AM #21
hey everyone, so i have a blackberry storm 9350 and it happened that the next morning the phone was hot and it started resetting every 2 seconds, the screen will light up and turn back off over and over again, the red light on the corner keeps flashing as it restarts on its own over an over!, i tried downloading the latest software but BlackBerry Desktop could detect it since its steady rebooting, the phone will then display a charging icon after it restarted like 20 times, then after a while it starts doing the same thing again. :( Any help someone???
- 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM #22
Once you get the deviceís attention, you need to wipe it with Javaloader and then power cycle the device before going any further. If you get the little ďbrokenĒ icon and no action from the device, you can proceed to reload the OS. If not, you havenít wiped the device and need to see what didnít work right, and wipe it (only takes a few seconds).
Lots of resources in this forum on the javaloader commands (I use it at the command line), and the OS reload (that will take a few hours). If you have a recent device backup, you could restore it after the OS is loaded. If not, suggest taking the time to do this after you get the device stable.
If that doesnít get your device working again, let us know what software versions you have installed. Iíve reimaged and restored my devices many times over the years, but I donít go beyond desktop v18.104.22.168 (on purpose, my devices are not compatible with anything newer).