CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Red face my blackberry got wet

it was raining heavily today, and my bb was in pocket and the water seeped through my pockets and and got on the blackberry, it was a bit wet but it didnt get inside the screen or anythng, but when got inside i dried it and its working normaly but i looked at battery and the liquid indicator thing was red but i dried everything and its fine so do you think anything might go wrong with my bb?
    I'm always the center of attention, with my Blackberry
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't think so. Only I see would be water spot inside the screen if it really got that wet.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts

Only way to tell is time. If its working now like it was before I wouldn't worry too much. If you wanted to you could pop off the cover and the battery and let it set out overnight to dry out a bit just in case.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,625 Global Posts
    PIN
    Stack.com aint got nothin on us!!!!

You never know! But if nothing has gone wrong yet chances are no! The liquid indicator on the battery is just for your carrier to know if your BB has gotten wet so they can void the warranty.
    When in doubt pull the battery out!!!
    Be sure to Check out the Hottest Thread on CB.com The Crackberry Players Club!
    Want your favorite TV show's on your Blackberry? Be sure to check out videos4blackberry
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

Crazyberry check the battery LDI as has been reports of device LDI giving false positives and then it goes by battery LDI. If battery LDI is red then warranty is void but if is white then fine. As for device sounds like should be fine.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BB wet

I've dropped my BB into a tub of water before (obvs on accident..and completely submerged)...the screen got wet marks on it and the keys didn't work for a couple of days...eventually it dried out and worked perfectly...
    CrackBerry Newbie

we think one of the dogs peed on the blackberry. took the battery out overnight but today it won't turn on or off and the indicator light is blue

HELP

Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

(As I sit and wait for my wife in Target....eating a slice) I am the worlds' worse at getting my cells and BT headsets wet- usually by having them either fall in the toilet or out of my pocket during the rain. Good Luck. I recently signed up for insurance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

The sticker on the battery is NOT a moisture indicator. The moisture indicator is a small white (hopefully, white!) square on the inside of the battery compartment near the memory card/sim card.

If your BB gets wet, remove the battery, memory card and sim card and allow the device to dry for several days before attempting to use the device again. The device can handle getting wet. What it can't handle is getting wet and running electricity through it.
    Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    Z10STL100-3 / 10.2.1.2234
    Q10SQN100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    UID10TER

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    (As I sit and wait for my wife in Target....eating a slice) I am the worlds' worse at getting my cells and BT headsets wet- usually by having them either fall in the toilet or out of my pocket during the rain. Good Luck. I recently signed up for insurance.

Getting insurance and thinking that it will cover your device, is just a waste of money. Even if you remove the moisture indicator, this will prompt them to open your device and check if it got wet at one time. Then they hammer you with fees right after. A lot of consumers would go more ways to get a replacement that carriers too are getting smarter.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry got wet

My blackberry got wet last night and now it continually vibrates. Functions, but won;t stop vibrating. Suggestions?

Remove the battery before it does more damage, and dry the phone thoroughly before the battery goes back in. You don't say how wet is wet, so we can't guess how much damage has already been done.

Drying - it is likely to take several days if there is moisture around the PCBs. Warm dry place for several days if the phone got really wet rather than just damp.

Some of the users here are convinced you can use uncooked rice as a moisture absorber, so pack the phone in a large bowl of dry rice.

Personally I like the 4 ounce bags of silica gel which come with some new electronic equipment, if you can get any (dry the silical gel in the oven about 150C for a few hours and allow to cool before use, seal the phone and bag of silica gel in a ziploc and leave it for however long it takes, it will pull more water than the rice).

Be warned - if you power up a wet phone the damage is done by short circuits, not by the water itself. Make sure it is dry before you try again.
    CrackBerry User

wish me luck my bb sits in a container of rice! i miss it already!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry wet

ok so mine got a little wet last night. some one hit me with a water balloon. I took it out and dried it off and it was working fine. Then like an hour later none of the buttons are working. It's been drying for like 16 hrs and still cant get the buttons to work. It comes on fine i can watch it get text messages emails and phone calls but i cant push any buttons......think it will work?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry went swimming

I was cleaning out my inground pool and fell in, with my blackberry. I couldn't get out because it is 12 feet deep and the sides were too slippery. I figured the phone was history anyway so I threw it as hard as I could out of the pool onto the cement. Of course it didn't work and I took the battery out and let it dry for a few days and then put it in a bag of rice. It works fine now. You cannot tell anything even happened to it!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jdiel View Post
    I was cleaning out my inground pool and fell in, with my blackberry. I couldn't get out because it is 12 feet deep and the sides were too slippery. I figured the phone was history anyway so I threw it as hard as I could out of the pool onto the cement. Of course it didn't work and I took the battery out and let it dry for a few days and then put it in a bag of rice. It works fine now. You cannot tell anything even happened to it!
    man, that is pretty hardcore for it to still work!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default They can survive!!

This is disgusting, but last night I left me phone face-up on a table. My cat decided to drink a lot of water and hacked up a VERY wet hairball onto my Curve 3210 Keyboard. The phone immediately shut itself off.

The inside of the plastic screen guard and the entire battery compartment were wet! I quickly removed the battery and cards. Figuring that water was less corrosive (and disgusting) than acidified cat puke, I ran the phone under a strong stream of reverse-osmosis-purified water for around 20 seconds to rinse it out.

I placed the phone on top of a tiny fan that was blowing warm (about 100 F) air through it for around 10 hours. Once all traces of moisture were gone from behind the screen I put the battery back in and fired it up.

Aside from the trackball button-press not being quite as responsive today, the unit is working flawlessly! Even that button is working better by the minute and I suspect it'll recover fully once the nastiness inside is worn out.

Yuck!!! But the whole lesson speaks volumes for the quality of Blackberry's products. (I was about to go back to Nokia, but not now!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BB drowned, all restored except screen

In the midst of a holiday frenzy, my blackberry 8330 went in with a load of laundry ... yes, agitated, with soap for about 30 minutes before I realized where it was. Believe it or not, after 3 days in a bag of rice, the thing seems to be entirely functional... all except the screen. The backlight is out or something. I think the flash on the camera is gone too but I couldn't care less. I had sync'd it recently and will be able to pull my passwords off with the flashlight. But, before I start looking at what it will involve to replace this (did not have the insurance), I thought I'd see if anyone possibly has a trick or recommendation to possibly restore the backlight. Thanks for any help...
    CrackBerry Abuser

^say what?????

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydooley4 View Post
    ok so mine got a little wet last night. some one hit me with a water balloon. I took it out and dried it off and it was working fine. Then like an hour later none of the buttons are working. It's been drying for like 16 hrs and still cant get the buttons to work. It comes on fine i can watch it get text messages emails and phone calls but i cant push any buttons......think it will work?
    This is exactly what happened to me and I have to keep drying it every other day, is there any way around this? All the water HAS to be gone by now, but for some reason I have to keep putting it by my heater for awhile if the keys stop working! It's sooo fusstrating!
    CrackBerry Newbie

My 8 day old Sprint Tour fell in a bowl of water 5 days ago. I immediately ripped off the cover, and after drying the phone and battery put them into a jar of dry rice for 4 days. I reactivated tonight and it works wonderfully!

This is the best fix by far!
    CrackBerry User

Default getting rid of dampness

If everyone will go to a hardware store, such as lowe's or home depot, buy yourself a container of damprid to keep on hand. If you drop your phone in some water, get the battery out, start using a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment, a wet-dry vac is ideal,keep turning your phone over letting the power of the vacuum to evacuate the moisture, then cover the phone and battery with the damprid, it is a solid in the form of flakes, but only for about 10-15 minutes because the damprid will start hardening, then use the vacuum again to clean out the damprid, this should work for you
    CrackBerry Newbie

okay last night at 2:30 in the morning my blackberry started playing a song that i did not even have on my phone. I didnt get a text message or email or anything that would make it ring. It just started to play and i couldnt turn it down or anything so i had to turn it off. I did not even know what the song was. What could be wrong with my blackberry? Can someone help me?