Ok Everyone, here we go, I've followed all the posts about how to clear memory, I've done that, I also bought a memory card and yet STILL my text & call logs are getting deleted EVERY DAY. I've called T-mobile and they said unfortunately that is a memory problem and possibly an OS problem and that RIM is working on an OS update but she wouldn't know when it would come. She said she could possibly to a handset exchange for me, and give me another phone but that unfortunately it would not fix the problem. And in her words "everyone in this department is mad, we all have blackberry's and we all have the same problem, I have to pull my battery out every 2 days."

I'm really considering just getting rid of this phone and going back to my sidekick LX, might not be as fancy but does everything I need it to do, text, email, internet, and call.

Can anyone help me try to resolve my problem or give me their opinion on what I shoud do? Thank You so much!!

-Christina
    07-22-08 08:15 AM
    Follow the memory cleaning and do more??

If you have done memory optimization you would not have these problems. What is your file free? Options > Status > File Free...

I am sure we can help you, Welcome to CrackBerry!

Follow Stoner's Guide in my signature!
    07-22-08 08:17 AM
    If you've really done everything, including ALL the steps in the Stoner Guide, then you may simply have too many apps installed, or a mis-behaving app that is consuming your memory. In addition to answering McClure's question, what apps are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 08:55 AM
    And in her words "everyone in this department is mad, we all have blackberry's and we all have the same problem, I have to pull my battery out every 2 days."
    Obviously, they haven't joined Crackberry.com....
    07-22-08 09:01 AM
    Are you closing apps when you are done with them? Or letting them run in the background? Really sounds like a memory issue. How many apps do you have on your phone?
    07-22-08 10:02 AM
    Is there a pattern to what messages and calls get deleted from the log? Or are all of them getting deleted on a daily basis. If all of them I would suspect something is causing all of the memory to get used up. If there is a pattern it may be the bug I found or similar and could be worked around. I'm not familiar with the specs on the 87xx series so I'm not sure if that will effect any help I can provide. I'll monitor the thread for the answers to the questions posed in the posts above mine as well as to my question to see what further help I can offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD