Is there anyway in which I can run JAVA based apps on my phone? Or is it plain impossible?

Thank you for your time and input on this subject.
    03-18-09 10:26 PM
    All BlackBerry applications are java based. What is it you are wanting to do specifically?
    03-18-09 10:41 PM
    What I want to do is to run *.jad files...

(and by the way, what are *.cod files? Is there a chance to get those on my 8700c? Are those compatible with my BB?)
    Last edited by Honduberry; 03-21-09 at 07:44 PM. Reason: specification
    03-20-09 10:46 PM
    JAR files contain program code and JAD files contain a desciption of that code. Consequently, JAD/JAR is one way to distribute apps.

However, your BB prefers COD files that contain program code and ALX files that contain descriptions of that code. Consequently, ALX/COD is the BB version of JAD/JAR.

You can convert between the two. There have been attempts to automate the conversion but they are not always succesful. Google JAD2ALX.

You can recompile JAR files to COD files using the IDE provided by RIM. You can write your own ALX files using notepad.

Tutorials can be found online.

Often, you can open a JAD file and copy the urls to COD files. Download the COD to your desktop and write a new ALX file that reuses values from the original JAD. Install to your BB using the DM.

This works for all themes and apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 09:51 PM
    Transfer the JAVA file through the media manager to your BB, and then you can run it on BB
    04-14-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks for great info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 12:32 AM
    hanfking

Transfer the JAVA file through the media manager to your BB, and then you can run it on BB

Thanks
    06-23-09 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD