I just bought a used Sprint 8703e. I successfully activated it, and successfully created a blackberry email account. But when I follow the setup instructions to associate it with my Yahoo POP/SMTP account it won't work. I get a failure message at the end, telling me to contact my ISP.

My Treo 700p worked with Yahoo mail like a charm, using the Versamail program, so I've set it up before.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sure_handed; 11-16-08 at 01:21 AM.
    11-16-08 12:57 AM
    Did these problems occur while on your BIS through your berry or your computer? Either way try the alternative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 02:32 AM
    I tried to set up email through my blackberry, not my computer. I haven't signed in to Blackberry Internet Service though the website. How do I do that? Is there a FAQ to guide me through it?

Thanks.
    11-16-08 11:10 AM
    I found the URL for Sprint BIS right here on Crackberry.com.

When I tried to sign in, with the user name and password I created while doing set up on the Blackberry device, it failed to sign in. I recieved a message - "please check your information and try again".

I then tried to create a new account, where I was asked for the device PIN and device IMEI. I have the device PIN but can't find an IMEI. I did some checking on the BB company site and they say the IMEI is on the box. I bought the Blackberry device used on eBay, without a box.

The device is operational. Sprint had no problem adding it to my service, so I know its not a stolen or lost device.

Now what? How do I find the device IMEI?
    11-16-08 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD