I must apologize but I was unable to find the instructions in the forum on how to wipe the memory clean on the 8703e. I must have overlooked it.

Blackberry had walked me through the steps a few weeks ago but in all honesty I can't remember the instructions. Everything is a blur since I got the news that my Aunt's cancer is terminal and there is nothing more that they can do for her. (My Aunt is my Godmother too).

Since I am returning this Blackberry for another one, I want to make sure all my personal info is gone. Should I just put the incorrect password in 10 times and that will completely wipe out all data?

I work as a legal assistant for a criminal law firm and there is sensitive data on this device that needs to be off it before I return it.

As always I am deeply grateful for all your guidance.

Thank you,
    Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-21-07 at 12:04 PM.
    06-22-07 09:27 AM
    It's in Options, Security options, General Settings, Click on Wheel and select wipe device.

Sorry for your godmothers health problems.
    06-22-07 09:35 AM
    Thank you Audit for your quick response. I sincerely appreciate it and thank you for being so understanding in light of what is going on with my Aunt. She is living with me and I am looking after her along with the nurses and hospice.

This forum has been so incredibly helpful, warm and wonderful! Sometimes to ask Blackberry tech support a question, you are on hold for 3 to 4 hours and if you don't go through your carrier to ask them a question, they charge $39 or $49 a question. I just can't remember the exact amount.

Thanks everyone for all your help! I've spread the word about this forum to all my colleagues and friends.

Warmest wishes,
    Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-21-07 at 12:05 PM.
    06-22-07 09:45 AM
    Thank you Audit for your quick response. I sincerely appreciate it and thank you for being so understanding in light of what is going on with my Aunt. She is living with me and I am looking after her along with the nurses and hospice.
    No problem, I suffer from TIA's (mini-strokes) that get worse with each one so I understand some of the problems. On top of having a wife that has serious health issues herself so I understand what your going through.
    06-22-07 10:06 AM
    Audit and Gia -

thanks for these posts - doing the search and finding this thread just made my life a lot easier!
    09-05-07 09:09 PM
    Audit and Gia -

thanks for these posts - doing the search and finding this thread just made my life a lot easier!
    Yessir - me too! Just upgraded to a Storm, and am putting my 8703e on craigslist...
    12-09-08 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD