Hi, Newbie question for my boss. He has bluetooth in his acura TL, when he reaches his destination & wants to take the call with him on the blackberry 8700 & come into the office, how do you do that? Right now he sits in his car for 20 minutes or so till the conversation is over? Thank you for your help.
    07-23-08 08:41 AM
    I drive an Acura MDX. All I do is go into my phone and on the main menu, look for an icon called "Manage Connections". Click that then click the bluetooth checkmark to disconnect the bluetooth over the car. It works for mine.

If that fails, tell me so I can find my manual to my car and find out how disconnect it manually over the voice command prompts in your boss's car. I hope I can remember how to do it....
    07-23-08 09:06 AM
    How to stop bluetooth in acura TL ?

Crash it and get a Lexus. Dont get hurt though.
    07-23-08 09:11 AM
    He says the screen always shows 'connected' & he didn't think he could 'navigate' into the main menu.

Your answer, would that allow him to keep talking on the phone? If this works, this will be GREAT. We are going to try it over lunch today! Thank you for your help.
    07-23-08 09:14 AM
    He says the screen always shows 'connected' & he didn't think he could 'navigate' into the main menu.

Your answer, would that allow him to keep talking on the phone? If this works, this will be GREAT. We are going to try it over lunch today! Thank you for your help.
    If you simply hit the escape button while on a call and follow the prompt to continue to the homescreen, you will stay connected. From there, you can navigate to wherever you need to while in-call and not get disconnected.
    07-23-08 09:17 AM
    Turn off the car once he gets to work?

Then it will drop the BT connection by force... and it will override onto the handset speaker

Or, when in call, hit the Back Button (it will ask if you want to go to home screen during the call). Go to Home Screen > Manage Connections > Uncheck Bluetooth... this turns off BT. So, next time he needs BT he will have to re-enable it!
    07-23-08 09:17 AM
    Turn off the car once he gets to work?

Then it will drop the BT connection by force... and it will override onto the handset speaker

Or, when in call, hit the Back Button (it will ask if you want to go to home screen during the call). Go to Home Screen > Manage Connections > Uncheck Bluetooth... this turns off BT. So, next time he needs BT he will have to re-enable it!
    Unfortunately, this will not work. Once he turns off the vehicle, the call will drop. I know this from experience.. My ex has a new TL, and he would constantly hang up on me whenever he reached his destination. Now that I think about it, being disconnected from him was a good thing.
    07-23-08 09:19 AM
    Yea, turning the car off drops the call but managing connections works. Speak of the devil...sum1 is calling me on mine right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 09:27 AM
    on my tsx which I believe its the exact same on the TL all he has to do is hit the command or call button on the steering wheel an say "transfer call"
    Tell him to read the manual...its in there. But for now, I will let you score some points with this tip lol....tell him to try it out. It will switch right over to the handset and he can walk it out while on the phone
    07-23-08 09:28 AM
    wow... that is poor design on Acura's part...

I would figure someone would have thought about that!!

But, now that I think about it... I always switch to my handset speaker before powering off my BlueTooth headset... but that is because the button to turn it off is the same to hang up
    07-23-08 09:30 AM

I would figure someone would have thought about that!!

But, now that I think about it... I always switch to my handset speaker before powering off my BlueTooth headset... but that is because the button to turn it off is the same to hang up
    why is that a bad design...you turn the car off, which hand in hand turns off the phone. Most people do want to finish the convo in the car unless they are in a rush, which then they included the "transfer call" feature which I advised in my last post to the OP
    07-23-08 09:34 AM

disregard everything said an just read my post about the transfer call option. Thats a simple one step process, everything else is doing way to much work just to unconnect
    07-23-08 09:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, vehicles with bluetooth capabilities are designed this way. I know my new car is....

(I'm no expert, though.. I didn't even know how to set my bluetooth up when I bought my car recently.. )
    07-23-08 09:36 AM
    You could also just press the menu button while on the call and select activate handset. That will disconnect the bluetooth and allow you to use the handset on its own.
    07-23-08 09:57 AM
    My bad everyone!

Just my opinionated self thinking that it would be a nice idea to have the car's bluetooth system transfer the call automatically to the phone when turning off!! I did not mean to p*ss anyone off, and I am sure there is any easy way to transfer...

Follow Raven's advice... he obviously knows what's up!
    07-23-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD