i have an 8703, and downloaded the software from the blackberry site. hooked it up via data cable, but the software is not at all how i want it to work.

i want software that will allow me to add my own ringtones and pictures, and apps if possible. anything out there exist? i can run my mac in pc mode, so that wont be an issue.....

help!!! thanks!
    06-29-08 12:36 AM
    What version of Desktop Manager did you download?
    06-29-08 12:41 AM
    what is desktop manager?
    06-29-08 12:49 AM
    Erm okay then... Are you using a mac or a PC. If you are on a Mac, there is PocketMac or whatever its called. If you have a PC, get Desktop manager.
    06-29-08 12:51 AM
    i have an imac, but its intel based, so i can use either...

i downloaded "blackberry for mac" aka pocketmac from the BB site and it sucked balls... it only transfers email stuff and things i dont need to transfer. i only want something to be able to put ringtones and pics on with.... thats it..
    06-29-08 12:53 AM
    I have a friend with an IMAC that uses this program:

Missing Sync
    06-29-08 01:29 AM
    nope, that still not what i need.

i wish it was as simple as plug in the usb cable to phone... a folder on the desktop pops up with folders in it, all labeled individually as "ringtones", "pictures", ect. ect.

but its not. i dont need to "sync" things per say, i just need to put some f'ing pictures and ringtones on it using the data cable...
    06-29-08 02:38 AM
    When you plug in your BlackBerry via usb cable, the comput wil see your phone as an external disk drive that you can transfer any media to via drag-and-drop, but you MUST have a memory card installed into your phone.

Do you have a memory card installed and formatted by the phone in your BlackBerry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 07:59 AM
    Oh yeah, why are you getting so mad?
    Did you try doing a search on CrackBerry? This has been covered once or twice before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 08:02 AM
    haha, no im not mad thats just how i talk mane....

anyways, where does the card go exactly? do i have to take the phone apart or something? cause i have some sd and micro sd cards laying around...
    06-29-08 10:51 AM
    hmmm. apparently you can't install a memory card on an 8703e, because there isn't a slot. see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/8703e-4gb-5983/
    sorry! you can still download wallpapers and ringtones directly on your phone (you can do that with the ones on this site) and if you downloaded desktop manager (idk, i have the PC version) they make you install roxio, which is a way to add music onto your phone. I would definitely free up some memory before doing any of this though. see this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    good luck!
    06-29-08 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD