I've been rolling with the 8330 for nearly 2 years, and live and swear by it. But, after reading thread after thread about how great the 8700 is, I had to have one. So I bought an 8703e in awesome shape off eBay. Ever since I got it I can't keep my hands off it. I can't stop playing with the trackwheel and perfect keypad! And the screen is so bright and clear (looks better than my Curve's). Anyways, due to the media limitations of the 8700, I have been hesistant to hook it up. I want to at least do a "trial period" of a week or so, but can't "work up the courage" . Suggestions? Words of encouragement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 11:52 PM
    yea hold on lemme find the right words... JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    02-24-10 08:00 AM
    8700 is a sturdy phone.. threw it across my gym and never broke LOL, i got 25 bucks from that dare.
    02-24-10 12:04 PM
    I switched two days ago to start my week long trial period and so far I am impressed. I especially love the ability to change the brightness of the screen with the dedicated power button. I also dig the trackwheel way more than trackball, even though I, unlike many, am a fan of the trackball. Thank you guys for your replies and words of encouragement, LOL. If only this thing had media player capabilities and an SD card slot. I would never switch then!

02-24-10 12:58 PM
    Argh..I'm jealous with the OP. Well, while writing this post..I'm on my way to hunt for this so called 8700. Just now when I took my curve for a repair, I did hold the 8700 in my hand. Man, in seriously impressed with the built. Nevertheless, the absence of multimedia function and expendable memory, there's nothing much we can do about it. But for those who heavily txts and IMs, the keypad of 8700 will definitely gives you a better experience.

Wish me luck folks..hopefully I can still find a shop that sells this baby for all I know, this model has already been discontinued. I'll post again it I succeed!

02-25-10 03:47 AM
    Sad day of my life...I can't find it anymore... :-(

02-25-10 05:24 AM
    Go on ebay or just do a google search. I got mine for real cheap and its like new. Perfect back up berry.

02-25-10 04:28 PM
    Btw the 88xx series has a great keyboard too. Its spacious and u can txt and email really quickly with it too. Plus it does have expandable memory and media functions.

02-25-10 04:30 PM
    Naah..there's no way I can get any luck from eBay either. I'm in India and the govts policy for imported stuffs is very strict. Summore I don't really trust the service in here. There's a possibility I might lose that u know. Ah well..tomorrow evening I'm gonna try my luck again. Hopefully that guy keeps his words...sigh...

02-25-10 04:32 PM
    Btw the 88xx series has a great keyboard too. Its spacious and u can txt and email really quickly with it too. Plus it does have expandable memory and media functions.

Are you talking like the 8830 World Edition?

02-25-10 11:36 PM
    Closed to prevent spam
    02-26-10 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD