CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Flickering red light?

The battery on my blackberry was dying. It had shut off service and I was about to plug it in when my phone slipped out of my hand and fell on the counter.

So I pick it up and the back had fallen off[the back falls/slides off easily at any time] I put the back on and notice the screens black.

I plug in my blackberry and the little red thing that blinks when you get a text flickered for like 4 seconds[it wasn't blinking but it wasn't just the red light] and then went away. Now it won't turn on.

What's wrong with it?

I have an upgrade so I can get the newer curve for free.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Have you removed the battery and tried to boot it up again to see if it does the same thing?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Zach7 View Post
    Have you removed the battery and tried to boot it up again to see if it does the same thing?
    Yes I did.

But I've had a problem where if my battery is fully charged and I take the battery out and put it back in, my battery power drops to half.

So since it shut off service, if I pulled the battery out then there'd be no battery power and it wouldn't turn on.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

I know that after about a year of normal use, the BB batteries need to be replaced. Ebay has them for a couple of dollars and that helped with a few of my older BB's when I was passing them on. Also had to make sure to update the software. I even had one that I had to use the "how to fix a nuked BB" thread here on Crackberry.

You may want to start with the battery. Here is the thread on the nuked berry's.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry