The battery on my blackberry was dying. It had shut off service and I was about to plug it in when my phone slipped out of my hand and fell on the counter.

So I pick it up and the back had fallen off[the back falls/slides off easily at any time] I put the back on and notice the screens black.

I plug in my blackberry and the little red thing that blinks when you get a text flickered for like 4 seconds[it wasn't blinking but it wasn't just the red light] and then went away. Now it won't turn on.

What's wrong with it?

I have an upgrade so I can get the newer curve for free.
    01-01-11 05:42 PM
    Have you removed the battery and tried to boot it up again to see if it does the same thing?
    01-01-11 05:55 PM
    Have you removed the battery and tried to boot it up again to see if it does the same thing?
    Yes I did.

But I've had a problem where if my battery is fully charged and I take the battery out and put it back in, my battery power drops to half.

So since it shut off service, if I pulled the battery out then there'd be no battery power and it wouldn't turn on.
    01-01-11 06:22 PM
    I know that after about a year of normal use, the BB batteries need to be replaced. Ebay has them for a couple of dollars and that helped with a few of my older BB's when I was passing them on. Also had to make sure to update the software. I even had one that I had to use the "how to fix a nuked BB" thread here on Crackberry.

You may want to start with the battery. Here is the thread on the nuked berry's.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    01-01-11 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD