Is there ANY way to listen to a complete MP3 (not a ringtone) on a 8700c ?

If it isn't possible, I'd still like to know why, just out of curiosity.

Thank you for your time!

Paolo
    06-17-09 08:03 PM
    That wasn't helpful at all...I can't read what this reply says...
    06-18-09 11:16 AM
    If you go to blackberry.com select your county, devices, past devices, then pick your device. In my case it was the 8700g.

This brings up the page for your phone. You see some links in the center of the page. Click on "Get Games, Ringtones, and Applications...."

You will see a list of links in Grey rectangles on the left side of the page. Click on Blackberry Device Software

FYI this did not work in Firefox I had to switch to IE.

Bookmark the page.

Hook your phone up and click Update now

This is the stupid part.

When you click update now it will ask you for permission and will start loading a software program on your PC. When it completes this process it will try to connect to your device but will be unable too. You need to reboot your machine before the program will work properly. I do not know why the software doesn't tell you to do this.

Ok after you rebooted go back to the page you bookmarked

hook your phone up and click the update now button again

This should innate the process to load the latest firmware on your phone. Version 4.5.??? I am not sure but it is 4.5!

Within this new version there is a media player that will play whole mp3's and looks and functions much like windows media player.

FYI I had a T-mobile 8705g.

Oh I should also mention you need to go to blackberry.com and download the latest version of the desktop software. I believe it is 4.7 but I am not sure. This version will install with it a Roxio program that allows you to drag and drop MP3's on your phone. FYI I think the main reason RIM did not put a media player on these phones is the limited memory.

I hope this helps! Keep me informed!
    06-18-09 05:07 PM
    Wow...with all those steps, I'm not that desperate anymore...I'll just cope. lol But thanks anyways, I'm still gonna try it someday, I'm just afraid I'll render my BB useless if I do something wrong...
    06-27-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD