Hello all:

I am happily receiving e-mail on two accounts on my 8700c (one POP3 and one IMAP). I would like to change my signature for each e-mail address. I have tried going to "Personal E-Mail Setup", and I can see the default signature for each account, but it is not changeable text. After surfing around a bit here, I have discovered that I in fact need to log into AT&T's BIS site to do this. When I try to do so, however, none of the uid/pswd combos for either e-mail address works; I figured that this meant I need to create a new BIS account, but when I enter my PIN and IMEI, the site informs me that "an account already exists for this PIN." Assuming I must not remember the password, I had it sent to my device. The resulting message stated that no account exists. My guess is the account can't simultaneously exist and not exist, so something must be up. Any suggestions? I'm basically only looking to change signatures; as I can get e-mail and surf the web, I'm assuming my BIS was activated fine by the guy at the AT&T store.
    10-09-08 11:48 PM
    You use the username/password you used to set up the accounts on your bb, not the individual email addresses. Then, you can edit the signature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 11:53 PM
    You use the username/password you used to set up the accounts on your bb, not the individual email addresses. Then, you can edit the signature.
    That might be the problem. I created the e-mail addresses directly on my device by using the Setup Wizard, but didn't have to enter any uid/pswd beyond those required to log into each e-mail server. The tech at the AT&T store activated my BB, including connecting to BIS, but didn't tell me anything about a uid/pswd for that either. Do you think it is possible that AT&T has that info and calling them in the AM could help?
    10-10-08 12:06 AM
    I have verizon but had a similar problem. I created my email address from the wizard on my BB and it wouldn't let me log in to BIS. I called Verizon Customer Service and they set me up with a username and password to log into BIS. From there you can make your edits to your email accounts.

Hope this helps.
    10-22-08 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD