I just recently brought a BB8700g for tmobile. I try to update the os to 4.5, it wouldn't recognize it in the desktop manager. I'm also having a problem with receiving MMS's, I don't have the data plan as of yet
    01-16-09 05:11 PM
    To upgrade your os, try disconnecting your pc from the internet before you connect your berry to your computer. When you do connect it will probably let you update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 05:39 PM
    nope still nothing, it says no software update available for your device
    01-16-09 05:56 PM
    Where did you get the OS from? If you didnt get it from tmobile you have to delete the vendor.xml file. Follow the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade instructions. As far as your MMS try sending one to yourself. This usually turns on the mms feature.
    01-16-09 06:06 PM
    I'll try your topic for help, i did the vendor delete. but how could i send a MMS? i have a 8700, i have the default pictures.
    01-16-09 06:15 PM
    What version of desktop manager do you have? I reccommend 4.5 without media manager. Just compose MMS and send it to yourself with nothing attatched.
    01-16-09 06:18 PM
    well I just got off the phone with Tmob techs. I think that my os is being upgraded, another tech told me that installing new os might solve the problem of me not bring able to even select the option to create MMS, and also getting the data plan too would help, thats what they said
    01-16-09 08:14 PM
    well I just got off the phone with Tmob techs. I think that my os is being upgraded, another tech told me that installing new os might solve the problem of me not bring able to even select the option to create MMS, and also getting the data plan too would help, thats what they said
    In order for your phone to register to your computer you need to get Desktop Manager 4.7 which can be found off of the blackberry website. Get it with or without media manager (with media manager if you want to install your own ring tones and pictures)

Desktop Manager 4.7 is what fixed that problem with my computer. At first my computer wasn't registering that my blackberry was even connected, now it works fine. The best way to install your OS would be to download it onto your pc and then use the desktop manager.

And yes the BB data plan would help, but you don't need it. I don't have a data plan yet and I was able to install my OS and themes and many other things. I just cant surf the net :[
    01-22-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD