BlackBerry 8700 Won't Connect To Carrier?.I just don't understand why! I put my active sim in it(ATT&T), it shows searching for network when I turn the radio on, then after some searching, it says no service found. I know the sim is active and good, cause it works just fine in my Pearl, soon as I put it in the Pearl, it starts right up without even having to turn on the radio.
    So anyway, I'm thinkin the 8700 is locked to another network, I go on ebay, find a good unlock service, and purchase an unlock code for it. No problem, within seconds, I now have an unlocked 8700.
    I'm feeling real good about the 8700 now, cause I'm thinkin, great, no prob now. It should connect, and we're good to go. Sooo, I put the active sim back in it...sigh......same old, same old. I dunno, it's got me baffled. An unlocked Blackberry 8700, practically new, and it won't even work as a phone. Any input, any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time for your help
    Wyman
    11-09-07 06:32 PM
    Go to options / network (or mobile network) and force it to look at said carrier, rather than automatically search...

Ps: Welcome to CrackBerry.com, please take a moment to review our Rules & Guidelines...
    11-09-07 07:04 PM
    Go to options / network (or mobile network) and force it to look at said carrier, rather than automatically search...

Ps: Welcome to CrackBerry.com, please take a moment to review our Rules & Guidelines...
    without the sim in it, it'll do that, then it says scan for networks timed out, but without a sim obviously, it can't find a network, now when I put the sim in, it won't let me have the option to do that, it just says
    Mobile Network*None*

Wyman
    11-09-07 07:21 PM
    Well maybe you should check if you BB is a GSM phone. That could really help!!!
    Verizion and Sprint aren't GSM and will not work with GSM networks
    11-12-07 12:08 PM
    It's branded as a Cingular, and takes a sim
    11-13-07 07:04 AM
    Hey I have the exact same problem. I'm with Rogers and my Blackberry Pearl 8100 connects with "EDGE" then it switch to GSM....when it switches to GSM it stops working...I can't send text messages or make phone calls...why does it matter that its GSM...I don't understand any of these things...its soo confusing...!
    03-30-08 09:48 PM
    i have this problem.....also i cnt change the network manually...i dnt have tht option......well i have once or twice....it randomly gives me the option, when i change it my phone turns off though. plz help sum1
    02-10-09 06:45 PM
    I'm having this same problem, however, i have a branded verizon Wireless phone, attempting to connect to AT&T, this sounds impossible but I figured there was hope because this was a world phone and therefore could connect (supposedly) to gsm networks, anyone, your help would be unfathomably appreciated

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    07-23-10 11:09 AM
    works for me.
    07-23-10 12:59 PM
    I'm having this same problem, however, i have a branded verizon Wireless phone, attempting to connect to AT&T, this sounds impossible but I figured there was hope because this was a world phone and therefore could connect (supposedly) to gsm networks, anyone, your help would be unfathomably appreciated

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Which VZW device do you own? If unlocked, the 9630, 9650, 9530, and 9550 will all work on AT&T.

The 8830 will only work on overseas GSM networks. You cannot use an 8830 on any North American GSM carrier's network.
    07-25-10 01:37 PM
    Blackberry 9900 - signal is good but kicks after a moment or two into sos mode (with still a good signal). It's unlocked and IMEI clean. I tried it with several sim cards from different carriers all with sos eventually showing up aside one that shows gprs and even edge but no phone calls (unable to connect, please try again). Wiped phone and even nuked it, several OS's, nothing will do! My second 9900 with the same sims , in the same room and same signal strength works every time. Any ideas where is the problem? Tried all the variants from picking manually the carrier, disabling all options, etc.. Only one thing left is heave it as far as possible out the window and see if hitting the carriers antenna will awaken it!! And NO - not under guarantee and I don't plan on driving 140 kilometers to the blackberry service center so they can tell me to change the motherboard which they don't sell!
    04-07-14 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD