Anyone experienced this? I have never come across this before. Someone where I work has a 8700 device. The problem they have is that the time on the Blackberry is losing several minutes a day, mounting up to hrs in a week.

What do you think, a hardware or software problem?
    01-10-08 07:24 AM
    did they download the 2007 dst patch? just my two cents
    01-10-08 07:33 AM
    Also, do they sync with the PC? If yes, within Desktop Manager, turn off the 'sync with Windows time'...
    01-10-08 07:46 AM
    Mine also loses time, doesn't matter if its on BlackBerry or Network, in fact below the option, where it shows "current network time" my blackberry always shows the correct time. For some reason, it just won't update by itself. Seems to be a widespread issue, but most people never notice it. I have a small background with computer science, and if I had to guess, whoever programmed the clock didn't know that binary numbers don't keep track of decimals accurately, so if you're not careful you will end up "losing" whatever it is that you're counting (in this case, time). Hard to believe that RIM would make this type of a beginners mistake, but I can't think of any other reason why they would lose time.
    09-02-09 05:39 PM
    I would check out the age of the battery. Little things like this can start happening before battery failure. I had it happen on a non blackberry phone but it's an inexpensive fix.
    09-02-09 06:36 PM
    try this:

when in the date/time options, click the bb key and click "update time"
    09-09-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD