I have been very frustrated that my phone seems to be having deteriorating reception. Can anyone say what might cause this? I will be in a major urban center, I can be looking right at the phone and it will have at least three bars, and the call will fail. I have almost no reception in my home (again, in an urban area) and mostly not even in my yard! I performed the update of the PRL and it did not help.
    05-08-08 09:45 AM
    I have been very frustrated that my phone seems to be having deteriorating reception. Can anyone say what might cause this? I will be in a major urban center, I can be looking right at the phone and it will have at least three bars, and the call will fail. I have almost no reception in my home (again, in an urban area) and mostly not even in my yard! I performed the update of the PRL and it did not help.
    Try a battery pull:

While the device is on, pull out the battery for 30 seconds. Put it back in and let it load, does that help?
    05-13-08 09:31 PM
    Thanks for responding....after a couple days I stopped checking back until just now.

It helped a little....it is maybe 50% better. Which is better than nothing, thanks!
    06-18-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD