Hi, I am new to these forums as well as to BlackBerries.
    I bought one BB from my friend few days ago, he gave me all the acessories etc..., also the device is unblocked and I at the moment use vigin simcard(i live in UK by the way).
    I am a real newbie when it comes to blackberries, my other phone is SE P990i, you can install all sorts of applications on it, and so since i don't know much about blackberry, i searched (google'd) for apps for BBs, i found some interesting themes, and so i downloaded one (in the zip file there were following files: Black Diamond.alx,com_plazmic black diamond.cod,BerryNes.cod and BerryNes.alx). Then used DM to transfer those files to my phone (BB 8700g os 4.1) Then my phone turned off, after it started booting up, now the blackberry just keps on rebooting and it never really starts up.
    I've searched all around the internet for an answer, but i never found one that was clear, I know that there is one post, posted by sopmeone who has the same problem as me, however it doesn't say how to fix it, it says something about pulling out the battery and then with precise timing inserting the battery back in however i didn't really get it.
    I am really sorry if this has been answered before, but i just really like my BB and i really hope that there is way to fix it.
    Thank you all for any answers.
    Last edited by devix91; 01-12-08 at 09:50 AM.
    01-12-08 09:47 AM
    I had a very similar problem a while back. It happend to me after i tried installing a sample theme. Anyways, when i called my service provider they had me download and reinstall the software over again, because prior to that I had never backed up my phone. So try removing the battery for a couple seconds, then reinstall your software again. Hope that works.
    01-14-08 08:26 PM
    Follow the instructions here:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ.com

You'll need Desktop Manager and the OS installation file for your BB.

Get the OS's here:

BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    01-14-08 11:01 PM
    We have been having the same issue with our 8703e. Blackberry's we have some that have nothing on them other than what comes on them from Verizon then others have a ton of things added to them dose not seem to make a diffrence.

To add to the stress we are a mac only office so there has not been a lot of help from Verizon because they know nothing about mac!

Anyone have help?
    01-20-08 04:58 PM
    I just had the exact same problem with my 8703e as you did devix. When I took it in it only took them 5 minutes to tell me the phone is screwed and there is nothing that can be done when this happens. I would assume they weren't just trying to get me to buy a new one because I have the service plan and got a brand new one for free. Hopefully another crackberry addict has had better luck when this happens and could help you out. Taking out the battery did not work for me. I tried that several times and even left it out overnight.
    Last edited by sixcubed; 01-25-08 at 08:12 PM.
    01-25-08 08:05 PM
    These instructions work well for fixing up a "nuked" berry (one that's stuck in a reboot cycle):

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    01-25-08 08:30 PM
    I'll keep my 7100i!!! Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-08 11:37 AM
    Kevin M. thats who
    01-28-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD