Hey, I'm new to the blackberry world so I was wondering how much it would cost to add a BB data plan to my existing plan. Right now, I'm just an extra phone line to a family plan. I checked T-mobile.com and it only shows plans for new customers.

Also, does the unlimited data/email plan include unlimited SMS or do I have to buy a texting plan as well? Thanks!

err..oops.. Posted this in the wrong section XD Ignore this
    Last edited by scarling; 03-08-08 at 06:06 PM. Reason: posted in wrong section.
    03-08-08 06:04 PM
    Unlimited Data plan w/ Tmo is $19.99 per month.

And it does NOT include txt msgs.
    03-08-08 06:06 PM
    Hello, While we are on the subject does AT&T's unlimited data plan include SMS for 29.99 a month??

Thanks

Jim
    03-22-08 04:38 PM
    Hello, While we are on the subject does AT&T's unlimited data plan include SMS for 29.99 a month??

Thanks

Jim
    Nope. sorry.
    03-22-08 04:39 PM
    None of the unlimited email BIS plans or BES plans for that matter have unlimited text included with it to my knowledge.
    03-22-08 04:51 PM
    Cool, thanks for the quick replies, I have heard that Ramble IM and Bee Jive use the data plan for instant messaging rather than the SMS, is this true?

Does the AIM software from blackberry use data or sms??

If I end up using a 3rd party app for instant messaging, do I need to set up the APN stuff or is it automatically taken care of?

Thanks a million guys!

Jim
    03-22-08 05:02 PM
    Cool, thanks for the quick replies, I have heard that Ramble IM and Bee Jive use the data plan for instant messaging rather than the SMS, is this true?

Does the AIM software from blackberry use data or sms??

If I end up using a 3rd party app for instant messaging, do I need to set up the APN stuff or is it automatically taken care of?

Thanks a million guys!

Jim
    I've never used those apps but I know that Jivetalk uses data. The AIM for blackberry uses text messages I believe or that might be just Verizons AIM. For Jivetalk I didn't have to setup anything just put the info in and bam I was on.
    03-22-08 05:14 PM
    I've never used those apps but I know that Jivetalk uses data. The AIM for blackberry uses text messages I believe or that might be just Verizons AIM. For Jivetalk I didn't have to setup anything just put the info in and bam I was on.

And your positive that it uses data not SMS right?? It may be worth the 20 bucks if thats the case!

Thanks again

Jim
    03-22-08 05:38 PM
    And your positive that it uses data not SMS right?? It may be worth the 20 bucks if thats the case!

Thanks again

Jim
    Yeap uses data I mean I have unlimited text and data so either way I'd be covered but I am pretty sure jivetalk uses data I mean you can confirm with someone else on here.
    03-22-08 05:40 PM
    Any "application based" messaging like jivetalk, AIM, blackberry messanger, should use data and not text/sms.
    03-24-08 02:04 PM
    Hey.. I don't know if this would help, but with Sprint, they have a 'Simply Everything Plan'. This plan is $99.00, which includes:
    • Unlimited Domestice Voice
    • Unlimited Messaging
    • Unlimited Direct Connect (Nextel)
    • Unlimited Mobile Connect (Sprint Music, Sprint TV, GPS Navigation, Email, Web Surfing, and NASCAR stuff)

I also have a BES server in my office, so I'm getting that for free as well.

Hey just check it out. If it's right for you, then get it!
    03-24-08 02:51 PM
    None of the unlimited email BIS plans or BES plans for that matter have unlimited text included with it to my knowledge.
    Sprint Does =]
    03-24-08 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD