My dad has a BlackBerry 8730 and his carrier was Verizon. Can he unlock it to work with any carrier? He wants to use it with StraightTalk since they have cheaper plans than Verizon.
If this wont work, how much can he realistically sell it on Craigslist for?
Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
- 12-31-12, 09:14 PM #2
I don't think that there's a BlackBerry 8730. Is it an 8703, perhaps?
That is a CMDA only device. It cannot be "unlocked". Straight Talk is a GSM carrier. The two are not compatible. Also, he should know that he will not be able to get BlackBerry Data on Straight Talk no matter what device he uses. So it will be talk and text only.
If it's an 8703, it's an ancient device. Probably not worth much on Craiglist, although someone who collects old phones much be interested.
- By tmag2005 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 4Last Post: 03-03-09, 06:30 AM
- By jon_snow in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 6Last Post: 02-23-09, 06:04 AM
- By randymeyskens in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-28-08, 04:03 PM
- By pinkdaisy226 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 6Last Post: 10-17-07, 10:28 PM
- By pinkdaisy226 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 10Last Post: 04-11-07, 07:22 PM