Hey all,

First lemme start by saying I searched, and couldn't find anything, so if there's an existing link, please let me know.

I have my gf's 8703e here which was on my BES at work, but is no longer, and doesn't have the unlimited data or download plans from VZW. As such, she can no longer download files to her Blackberry.

So this leaves me a couple questions:

I'd like to get an assortment of Google apps, as well as some of the free Magmic games, and the BBWeather .77 app.

As Google tells me, to install apps with only the Blackberry desktop, I need the ALX files, not the JADs, yes? Is there a way to change the JAD to an ALX? Is there a way to do a direct file access to the 8703e, or something else I can do?

And finally, is there any good way to remove the BES security policies from the device? I guess the easy way to kill all birds would be to up the data plan to enterprise level for a month, add it to the BES, kill the policies, download the files I want, and call it a day, but since her dad controls the billing, he won't want to help. So...
    10-24-08 11:24 PM
    If you don't have a data plan, you aren't going to be able to even use the google apps or bbweather since they connect to the internet. You can find instructions for removing the IT policy in the tips, faq, and how to forum.
    10-24-08 11:36 PM
    If you don't have a data plan, you aren't going to be able to even use the google apps or bbweather since they connect to the internet. You can find instructions for removing the IT policy in the tips, faq, and how to forum.
    No no, what I was saying was that I have a data plan, just no download. Thanks for the heads up on the security pol though.
    10-24-08 11:47 PM
    Guys, just a heads up, it was the security policy that stopped me, not a change in service. Thanks for your help, I removed the policy and have now downloaded Google apps, BBWeather, and will be downloading some games shortly too.
    10-25-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD