Sometimes my Blackberry 8703e freezes up and won't let me enter my password. Then I try to shut it down and it will say "shutting down" and it doesn't. This could go on for a 1/2 hours. Of course when I pull the battery out, which I know resets it, I am able to type my password and get into the device. Why does it freeze up?

I tried to do a search on this question, but I didn't find the answer. If someone has already asked this question and I missed it, I do apologize.

Any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    05-31-07 10:21 AM
    It actually says "shutting down"? Weird!

Check your memory capacity, how much is left? I say do a backup, and then reload the O.S. - depending on the memory result...
    05-31-07 10:33 AM
    So sorry Navilyn. I meant to say the device says "turning handheld off" not "shutting down". I am sneaking this email in while I'm at work so I wasn't thinking.

I will do as you suggest when I get home and back everything up. Memory left on this is quite a bit. I have 40,824,280 bytes.

Thank you for your quick response. Sincerely appreciate the feedback.
    05-31-07 10:44 AM
    Ok, no problem. Considering there is plenty of available memory, I think a reload of the O.S. should correct all pending issues...

ps: you've not installed an application lately, have you? If yes, try uninstalling that, and see what gives...
    05-31-07 11:09 AM
    Hello Navilyn,

No I have not installed any new applications. Perhaps something got corrupt which is causing the freeze up in the last few days. I'm a little skiddish about removing everything and putting it back. I did do a soft reset and pulled the battery out and so far it seems to be working. If it happens again, then I'll wipe everything and put it back on. I do back up everything once or twice a week.

Thanks for your assistance.
    05-31-07 06:21 PM
    Am glad it's working! Just remember if you're going to reload the O.S, do a backup just before you start - actually coming to think of it, it gives you that option during the install...
    05-31-07 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD