I have a Sprint 8703e, recently updated with the latest OS and the latest Desktop Manager. I also have a backup battery that I charge by occasionally swapping out in the BB.

Last night I swapped out the battery in the usual way - power down the BB then swap the battery. After I did this the BB first showed the "rotating hourglass" screen, followed by the yellow Sprint logo screen. Then no further progress. The BB would not boot up further, or even turn off unless I pull the battery.

After reading some forums for advice I downloaded jl_cmder, wiped the BB clean, reinstalled the os, apps, and all of my backed up data. Everything seemed to work perfectly until I swapped the battery again, with the same result - the BB freezes on the yellow Sprint screen during bootup.

Is the newer OS causing this? Am I missing something obvious? Could I have installed an application that is causing this? Is there a new battery swap procedure?

Now what?
    06-30-09 06:21 PM
    Is it reacting that way to one specific battery?? I'm sure you already thought of it but you would be surprised the amount of people who don't consider the obvious.
    06-30-09 06:43 PM
    Is it reacting that way to one specific battery?? I'm sure you already thought of it but you would be surprised the amount of people who don't consider the obvious.
    Yep - does it with both batteries. They are newish OEM BB batteries by the way, not cheezey ebay batteries.

I have a feeling its something obvious though.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    06-30-09 07:01 PM
    I have an 8703e on Verizon that is also doing this after upgrading to 4.5. I wiped with JL Cmder and installed the new OS. Afterwards, doing a battery pull the device just hung on the Verizon branding screen.

I left it alone and it eventually went forward to the home screen, but it took a long time.

Edit: Now I'm back to the same issue.

Edit #2: I fixed the issue by going back to 4.2
    Last edited by beltaine777; 07-11-09 at 04:23 PM.
    07-11-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD