Is it me, or do you not get a number 1 showing on ALL themes when using BB Pin Messenger with the 8700?

Mine only seem to show a number 1, if am using the BB Dimension Today theme...

What say you?
    04-05-07 01:10 PM
    What do you mean a 1? I have looked all my screen but cant see anything...

Point me in the right direction.....
    04-05-07 03:51 PM
    If your device is on the main screen, and you receive a pin message, it will show a 1 on that screen, somewhere dependant on theme...

For example, if you receive a pin message, but you were away from your device, when you returned, how would you know you received a pin message?

Get it now?

Nonetheless, thanks to Chinesecatt, am now using the 'overlord' theme and it shows the 1 in the top right corner when a message is received. A shame it does not do it for the BB Dimension - Zen theme...
    04-05-07 05:14 PM
    Do you mean a '1' next to the icon indicating a Pin? If so, that is just the number indicating the amount of Pins you haven't viewed yet.
    04-05-07 10:29 PM
    wxboss - I know what it's for, but, the point I was trying to make (and failing miserably at it) is that when using the BB Dimension Today theme, if you receive a Pin Message you DON'T get the number (on the main display, i.e. BlackBerry desktop screen) 1 to show that you have a new Pin. So, if you're away from your device, and come back to it, you'd never know you had a Pin waiting unless:

1. the red light was still flashing, and in which case you'd have to figure out what are you being notified about...

2. unless you went into the Pin Messenger application, and then saw the bubble next to a contacts name...

Make sense now, clear as mud?
    04-06-07 04:54 AM
    Make sense now, clear as mud?

I'm a little slow at times. (That's an excuse I've used with much effectiveness.)

Navilyn,

I, too, use the Dimensions-Today theme (I love the Zen theme, but the Today theme is so much more useful - IMHO). When I receive a Pin, I do see the icon and a number corresponding to the Pins I've received on the Home screen. They are small, and all the way down at the bottom of the screen, but I do see how many Pins I've missed.

Are you not getting that information on the Home screen?
    04-06-07 08:02 AM
    I meant on the BB Dimension-Zen theme I don't see the notifications, i.e. the number 1, or 2, etc (depending on how many pin notifications I have).

ps: I do see it in the bottom left corner on the BB Dimension-Today theme...
    04-06-07 08:12 AM
    I meant on the BB Dimension-Zen theme I don't see the notifications, i.e. the number 1, or 2, etc (depending on how many pin notifications I have).

ps: I do see it in the bottom left corner on the BB Dimension-Today theme...
    I'm sorry. Yes, the Zen theme is lacking in Pin, email, and SMS indicators. That is one reason I don't use it anymore .
    04-06-07 08:19 AM
    I see, glad to hear am not losing my mind. Thanks for looking into this...
    04-06-07 08:20 AM
    I see, glad to hear am not losing my mind. Thanks for looking into this...
    Oh no, it's not you. When I gave in to all the 'Zen hype', I was surprised to find such a useful feature as Pin notifications severely lacking.

On a side note, I may have given some bad information. I do believe you can see email and SMS counts on the main screen if those two apps are one of the top 4 or 5 which always show on the home screen.

Zen is a cool theme, but it lacks certain features that I really like
    04-06-07 08:46 AM
    I am going to back the Zen theme, as i like the ability to change the icons for the "home screen". I dont have the that ability to do that with Today theme, and i hate the Yellow that takes over the screen.

Sorry for thread hacking as off topic....

But glad you got it sorted!
    04-06-07 01:11 PM
    Well, I want the Zen theme, so in a way it's really not sorted. I just wish they would make it so ALL Zen theme's would allow one to see the Pin Messenger notifications...
    04-06-07 01:14 PM
    Ah misunderstood, the issue....Sorry.
    04-06-07 01:19 PM
    I'm trying to find the pin number in my BB8700c. How do I find it? One of my buddies is trying to add me in BBM, and I have no idea where it is
    04-14-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD