US Cellular does not allow phone as modem (due to the fact that their data sucks). But if you're in a bind this could come in handy (might work on other carriers as well). Well...it does now!

Make sure your desktop connection manager is running and that your device is connected (this wont work if desktop manager isn't running)...
    On XP: Start=>Control Panel(classic view)=>Network Connections=>Create a New Connection=>Select "Connect to the Internet" Click "Next"=>Select "Set Up My Connection Manually" Click "Next"=>Select "Connect Using a Dial-up Modem" Click "Next"=>Select Standard Modem" (this is what BlackBerry is set to by default, if it shows up as BlackBerry choose that)=>Call it "PAM" and click "Next"=>Put #777 as the phone number and click next=>Leave the Username and Password fields blank and make sure both check boxes are checked the click "Next"=>Click Finish

A window should pop to dial out. Click "Dial" and you should connect.

If this doesn't work for you let me know and we can get it figured out for your carrier.
    12-13-07 02:11 PM
    Is there a charge for this on your bill? With Alltel their is a ten $ charge for phone as a modem, but if this worked for them I wouldn't need to pay for it? Any news for Alltel customer codes or other processes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-07 02:44 PM
    This worked and is working for me THANK YOU. YOU ROCK!!!!!
    01-23-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD