Uncaught Exception java.lang.error
10-15-13 03:39 AM
- If you call your carrier and patch you through to BlackBerry service, they will tell you that this type of error "Uncaught Exception" before you finish your sentence...they will tell you have a hardware failure and your phone needs replacement if your phone is still under warranty for free or if you're eligible for a free upgrade.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-30-11 10:36 PM
- I disagree; this does not mean you need new hardware. They only say that because they don't know what they're talking about. Generally, if you want to figure out the solution or cause of a problem you have to talk to the people that actually work with the product or look in forums online for someone who actually knows what they are talking about. All those other technical support help from the companies just use a troubleshoot software to try and figure out the problem. They actually have no real knowledge, experience, or understanding or the equipment or problem. Basically, they're just live versions of the Windows troubleshoot software. Trust me this problem can be easily fixed with the post that I posted 3 posts earlier. Sorry for the long response Xp.05-30-11 10:55 PM
- Ok, I get this problem too, but know what causes it so listen up. Basically, if you have the user data for default permissions under the applications section of options set to deny, you will get that error at the beginning of every reboot. It is possible to have the default permissions for user data to set to deny and not get the "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" message as long as you have user data set to allow for the right third-party application. I have not tested this one yet but I'm thinking it may also be possible to not set user data to allow for that specific app but only the subcategory of user data that it needs to allow and not get the message; I say this part because I know some of you out there care about the security of your BB much like I do and do not want to set everything to allow.10-27-11 07:27 PM
- Was just able to fix this.
The Uncaught Exception message.......in Text Messages.... is just a fancy term for FULL / NO SPACE.
1. Go to your Contacts and Highlight (don't Select) a contact that your regularly send Text Messages to.
2. Press the Menu Key and Select Text 'contact name'.
3. Select some of the old messages and press the Delete Button.
4. If no messages appear for the selected contact repeat Step 1 through 3 above.
5. Once you have completed Step 3, it should free up some space and enable you to Select the Text Messages Icon again without the resulting Uncaught Exception message.
6. To free up more space, select the Text Messages Icon.
7. Press the Menu Key.
8. Scroll To and select Delete Prior.
9. This should free up all used space.
Hope the above helps.
Vic12-23-11 05:20 AM
- Hi All,
I have the Bold 9900. I am experiencing a very very weird problem. I had a phone call today, and after it ended the screen still said "incoming call" and showed the number. I tried exiting many times and it was just frozen, so i rebooted using ctrl+alt+del.
Since the reboot, my phone opens up to what seems like a menu showing all the apps I have installed, and at the top it says "Blackberry Platform 18.104.22.1689", and in the middle, I am getting all sorts of error messages, every time I press OK another different one comes up. I am getting all the different Uncaught Exception error messages, and then a final one that reads "owner died" somewhere in there.
Now all I want to do is to back up my stuff but Desktop Manager is not letting me do that. It is only allowing me to update the software. Luckily, most of my files are on my microSD, but I badly need my contacts and my memopad files as they contain very important information.
Does anyone have any idea how to help me out? This is the first time I try this site so sorry for advance if I am not asking for help in the right place and by no means am I trying to hijack this thread; but I am desperate to find a solution and the error messages some people are receiving seem similar to mine.
Notes: The battery had died right before this happened, but I charged it again
- no new apps installed prior to this error sequence...the phone has been functioning beautifully for 4 months
List of error messages:
Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitfor(0xbfca09409ffe99ef)tim eout --> this keeps repeating with different codes in the parantheses
uncaught exception : no input support can be provided for en_US locale
Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.getOrWaitFor(0x3826bb0c1bc0202 2)owner died Thread[Thread-88857600,5]01-31-12 05:42 PM
- Had same error when out of the blue trying to launch "Trip Case" when it had been working fine all along every since I loaded it: here is what I did recommended by another crackhead:
Option -> Advance Option -> Application -> (Application that you have just installed) -> (Menu Button) -> Edit Permission -> Check (Set) Allow All (Check All) -> (Menu Button) -> Save -> Reset Device (Remove Battery & Restart) -> Now start the program
It worked perefctly, just in time as I have to travel today and need the app. Thanks for the crack head who posted and to crackberry.com ..... Jay02-03-12 05:47 PM
- Hi Folks:
Any ideas? I downloaded the recent "updated" BB App World and it froze my phone. So, I deleted it, but then I get the exception error each time I take out the battery. The phone runs fine otherwise. Not quite sure how to remove it. It does not show up if I power off the phone and turn it on. Thanks. You can also reply to firstname.lastname@example.org 04:23 PM
- it happened to me today and i read all the comments here and tried the battery pull and it made it go away. i hope it stays away and never comes back. it happened after i sent a long text message via BBM. it froze access to my email and text but the phone worked. when i called AT&T they said i would have to call them from another device for them to try to help me. i couldn't do that because i was driving 5 hours. but as soon as i got back to my desktop i checked out the forum here and saw that battery pull suggestion and it worked. i love crackberry.08-10-12 07:45 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry 71xx Series
Uncaught Exception java.lang.error
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD