Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you call your carrier and patch you through to BlackBerry service, they will tell you that this type of error "Uncaught Exception" before you finish your sentence...they will tell you have a hardware failure and your phone needs replacement if your phone is still under warranty for free or if you're eligible for a free upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I disagree; this does not mean you need new hardware. They only say that because they don't know what they're talking about. Generally, if you want to figure out the solution or cause of a problem you have to talk to the people that actually work with the product or look in forums online for someone who actually knows what they are talking about. All those other technical support help from the companies just use a troubleshoot software to try and figure out the problem. They actually have no real knowledge, experience, or understanding or the equipment or problem. Basically, they're just live versions of the Windows troubleshoot software. Trust me this problem can be easily fixed with the post that I posted 3 posts earlier. Sorry for the long response Xp.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just recently acquired a 9300 Curve 3G, I have been installing YahooMessenger but always get the java exception error. I have followed all steps in this thread but to no avail. Please help me. Thanks In Advance.
    CrackBerry Newbie

When I try to go to options the error pops up and will not allow me access to options.
    CrackBerry Newbie

People, I've recently Installed BBM and ever since I started having this Problem.. Though i Uninstalled it now But i can't figure out how to Remove the Module thingy! :S
    Any Help would be Appreciated..
    Regards,
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,520 Global Posts

Default FlyerFox is on to something here...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFox0 View Post
    Ok, I get this problem too, but know what causes it so listen up. Basically, if you have the user data for default permissions under the applications section of options set to deny, you will get that error at the beginning of every reboot. It is possible to have the default permissions for user data to set to deny and not get the "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" message as long as you have user data set to allow for the right third-party application. I have not tested this one yet but I'm thinking it may also be possible to not set user data to allow for that specific app but only the subcategory of user data that it needs to allow and not get the message; I say this part because I know some of you out there care about the security of your BB much like I do and do not want to set everything to allow.
    I encountered this error today on my 9780. I went to all of my third party apps and set them all to allow and rebooted the device to eliminate the problem. I'm not thrilled with having everything set to allow, but right now it restored normal operation without having to wipe the device.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default uncaught exception java.lang.error right after I upgraded my 9860 OS to .540

Any idea why?
    I just clean the OS .... fresh.
    First time booting up, i got that message.
    I'm getting excited that Blackberry is catching up
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile Text Messages - Uncaught Exception - Easy Fix

Was just able to fix this.

The Uncaught Exception message.......in Text Messages.... is just a fancy term for FULL / NO SPACE.

FIX:

1. Go to your Contacts and Highlight (don't Select) a contact that your regularly send Text Messages to.

2. Press the Menu Key and Select Text 'contact name'.

3. Select some of the old messages and press the Delete Button.

4. If no messages appear for the selected contact repeat Step 1 through 3 above.

5. Once you have completed Step 3, it should free up some space and enable you to Select the Text Messages Icon again without the resulting Uncaught Exception message.

6. To free up more space, select the Text Messages Icon.

7. Press the Menu Key.

8. Scroll To and select Delete Prior.

9. This should free up all used space.

Hope the above helps.

Vic
    CrackBerry Newbie

Unhappy Help me plz!

Hi All,

I have the Bold 9900. I am experiencing a very very weird problem. I had a phone call today, and after it ended the screen still said "incoming call" and showed the number. I tried exiting many times and it was just frozen, so i rebooted using ctrl+alt+del.

Since the reboot, my phone opens up to what seems like a menu showing all the apps I have installed, and at the top it says "Blackberry Platform 5.0.0.469", and in the middle, I am getting all sorts of error messages, every time I press OK another different one comes up. I am getting all the different Uncaught Exception error messages, and then a final one that reads "owner died" somewhere in there.

Now all I want to do is to back up my stuff but Desktop Manager is not letting me do that. It is only allowing me to update the software. Luckily, most of my files are on my microSD, but I badly need my contacts and my memopad files as they contain very important information.

Does anyone have any idea how to help me out? This is the first time I try this site so sorry for advance if I am not asking for help in the right place and by no means am I trying to hijack this thread; but I am desperate to find a solution and the error messages some people are receiving seem similar to mine.

Notes: The battery had died right before this happened, but I charged it again
    - no new apps installed prior to this error sequence...the phone has been functioning beautifully for 4 months

List of error messages:
    uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException‎
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitfor(0xbfca09409ffe99ef)tim eout --> this keeps repeating with different codes in the parantheses
    uncaught exception:java.lang.Error
    uncaught exception : no input support can be provided for en_US locale
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.getOrWaitFor(0x3826bb0c1bc0202 2)owner died Thread[Thread-88857600,5]
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cool Trip Case App - Uncaught Exception java.lang.error

Had same error when out of the blue trying to launch "Trip Case" when it had been working fine all along every since I loaded it: here is what I did recommended by another crackhead:

Option -> Advance Option -> Application -> (Application that you have just installed) -> (Menu Button) -> Edit Permission -> Check (Set) Allow All (Check All) -> (Menu Button) -> Save -> Reset Device (Remove Battery & Restart) -> Now start the program

It worked perefctly, just in time as I have to travel today and need the app. Thanks for the crack head who posted and to crackberry.com ..... Jay
    CrackBerry User

Default Uncaught Exception: java.lang.Error on my 9800

Hi Folks:
    Any ideas? I downloaded the recent "updated" BB App World and it froze my phone. So, I deleted it, but then I get the exception error each time I take out the battery. The phone runs fine otherwise. Not quite sure how to remove it. It does not show up if I power off the phone and turn it on. Thanks. You can also reply to khanig@iusb.edu.
    CrackBerry User

Hang on. They got my info wrong. I have a 9800 now with AT&T.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking uncaught exception java bla bla bla message

it happened to me today and i read all the comments here and tried the battery pull and it made it go away. i hope it stays away and never comes back. it happened after i sent a long text message via BBM. it froze access to my email and text but the phone worked. when i called AT&T they said i would have to call them from another device for them to try to help me. i couldn't do that because i was driving 5 hours. but as soon as i got back to my desktop i checked out the forum here and saw that battery pull suggestion and it worked. i love crackberry.
    CrackBerry Newbie

same problem here
    i try tu re install the app it still the same
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default need help please

what should i do if i've already delete the application ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Uncaught exception java error message

I just deleted yahoo messenger, restarted blackberry and installed it again and message was gone. Thank goodness, was so tired of seeing this message. Thanks for the help!!! :0)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234