I have the java lang error and cannot take it off its messing up my bb 8350i more and getting worse dont know what to do.
    01-06-10 09:35 AM
    I've noticed that there isn't an "Application" option under "Advanced Options". I am running 5.0 and the "Application" option is under "Options". Just a thought.
    01-15-10 01:47 PM
    Hey everyone

Im in dire need of help. I have no blackberry messenger, yahoo, or msn messenger icons. I do a battery reboot i get everything back but it only last for about 5 minutes and automatically reboots itself back. very frustrating when your in the middle of conversations. I keep getting the messages uncaught excpetions java.lang.NulPOinterExceptions, uncaught exception java.lang.error, uncaught excpetion: applicationRegistry.waitFor Ox7491f7b6ae80681a timeout and they all are popped up twice. im beyond frustrated someone please help me!!!

Thanks
    02-02-10 02:14 PM
    I have an upgraded OS and I get this error message when ever I apply an Nancy Drew Theme on my berry and have to do a battery pull. along with the error message my phone icon, all IM icons and SMS icons disappear. I have tried what I have read in the fourm. The only time I didnt get this message is when I downgraded my OS to the factory setting that T-mobile shipped it with. Does anyone have any advice, I so love Nancydrewthemes and would have to hate to stop using them
    The same thing with me. I have never had yahoo or bb411 or whatever on my 9000. I *did* however, download a NancyDrewTheme (Berry Nice Day). A great theme, but I fear it is what has cause my beloved Bold to throw the uncaught exception error.

Any idea as how to fix this...other than scrapping the theme I just purchased?
    05-10-10 09:31 PM
    I got this error as well on my blackberry bold 9000. Mine was different though, I couldnt do anything about it so I was told to "wipe out" the phone, it takes you back to factory settings. But before that I wanted to save all my picture, vidoes, contacts, etc. And my USB cord was not picking up a connection, I tried another cord and it turns out that the error was not allowing me to make the connection to my blackberry desktop manager. So I bought a memory card, saved all my pictures and videos on it, it does not save contacts you have to save them to your SIM card. You have to do them one at a time, but it works. So after all that I wiped out my phone and it worked perfect again and all my contacts, pictures, and videos were there as well. Just in case anyone has this issue I thought I would share with you all. Thanks!
    05-18-10 06:52 PM
    If I delete the application and the module, then download and reinstall it, will I have the same problem?
    05-19-10 10:10 PM
    I get the same message whenever i try to load up any wikipedia page. I noticed that it will fully load than give me the uncaught exception pop up, close automatically and go to the bberry web browser startup screen. what i think is even more curious is that when it does load for those couple seconds it is in full page mode when my automatic preference is column view
    05-20-10 02:03 PM
    I get the same message whenever i try to load up any wikipedia page. I noticed that it will fully load than give me the uncaught exception pop up, close automatically and go to the bberry web browser startup screen. what i think is even more curious is that when it does load for those couple seconds it is in full page mode when my automatic preference is column view
    i have the same issue with wikipedia on my 8330. wonder what's up...
    05-24-10 10:11 AM
    The problem I have is with Wiki so I think they have done something with their site and it is causing the problems. This doesn't happen with me unless I try to access Wiki all other page seem to load just fine
    05-26-10 03:40 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. WTF? Does anyone know of a fix yet?
    06-01-10 12:39 PM
    Uncaught Exception
    java.lang.error

Este mensaje que sal�a en mi Blackberry curve 8900, me imped�a correr programas que hab�a bajado del Blackberry App. Ok les comento la forma de reparar este error siguiendo los siguientes pasos entrando a:
    1- OPCIONES
    2- Opciones avanzadas
    3- Aplicaciones
    4- Bot�n de men�
    5- Editar permisos y el otro Editar permisos predeterminados
    6- Entrar a ambos y darles opciones de permitir a las: conexiones, interacciones y datos del usuario.

Esto funcion� para mi, espero que sea de tu ayuda.
    06-08-10 06:07 AM
    Press alt LGLG, my curve 8530 had'nt worked proper since the day I got it. The event log. Alt LGLG showed me I had a virtual network, much much more like audio on and off of my phone calls. With the numbers times dates oh calander full! Went to third party apps. Its called( DAEMON) rim actually put it on our phones. Read about your gonna luv it. They called me crazy! Humm your all gonna be happy and no I can't fix it heck I was lucky to find it. Help me!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-16-10 at 02:24 AM.
    06-16-10 02:17 AM
    I have read all the post now lol. still same I have a vast network running on my phone with 5 emails I can't find, an address book ect. Tried all the things I read u guys did. Still things like city id, twit, myspace, the VN comes back aka rim_Blackberry_daemon. Yes it uses java . I'm to tired for detail. Read what hackers have to say about it. Why did rim go in bus. This year with a daemon project. Yet its dated on my phone for I believe 2007. WTF and they talk to u like u don't see this on your phone! Would love your input I can do a lot with my pc. New to this. Let me know am I crazy?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-16-10 at 03:54 AM.
    06-16-10 02:28 AM
    Jimbo, you need to hit the BlackBerry Menu key, then scroll to the delete.

Quick question, I'min the right location but how do you delete the module. I don't see the option for it. Thanks in advance.
    12-03-10 09:39 PM
    I have been using Google Sync with my Curve 8530 for over a year without problems...until now. Recently upgraded to the latest OS from Sprint, v.5.0.0.1030 and now have TWO issues never seen before... 1) After reboot or battery pull get error on initial login, "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException", and 2) Google Sync fails. I've tried reboots, battery pulls, uninstalling and re-installing Google Sync (latest version v.0.7.3) without success. Since the only *real* thing that has changed here was the BB OS upgrade, it must be the OS causing the issues!

Any other ideas? I *really* need to have my calendar/contacts synchronized with my device or it's useless to me!
    12-13-10 10:47 AM
    i get the same message. i need to figure out how to wipe my storm 2 without using the screen. the error message wont go away!
    01-04-11 04:35 PM
    I had this same error and it must have been some corrupt data on my device. this is what I did to fix it.

1. Backup data to my pc using DM.
    2. then on the device, go to options/security options/general settings and then press the menu button and select "Wipe Handheld"
    3. follow the prompts to wipe all data from your device.
    4. do a battery pull
    5. restore data to device using DM
    6. do another battery pull

wiping all data will remove all the data but not reset to factory default. Your OS will stay the same, also all 3rd party software will remain on the device, but you will have to setup all OME and 3rd party software. After I did this the error went away. Hope this helps.

THANKS A LOT!! This worked PERFECTLY!!!
    01-21-11 11:44 AM
    I am getting this same error message java.lang.IndexOutOfBounds Exception error when I try to open up my text messages. I deleted the yahoo messenger just in case that was my problem too but it did not help. The only thing I get an error on is when I try and open up my text messages. Does any one know what to do to fix it? Please help!

Thanks!!
    02-12-11 04:57 PM
    I am getting this same error when I try and open my text messages. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Please help

Thanks!!
    02-12-11 04:59 PM
    I had gotten this issue (note: I just updated the OS to the new.486 last night) on my Torch, but I have not updated the new YM . I rarely use it, unless something happens to my laptop. What I figured out was one of my apps had a permission set to Deny...so I changed it to Allow and after re-booting the phone, the error is gone.
    03-11-11 07:12 PM
    I don't have yahoo but still was unable to get into any of my email accounts last night, this am they all present with the java.lang.error. Help! As a realtor I am out of the office a lot and count on my otherwise wonderful BBStyle. Thanks in advance.
    04-05-11 10:16 AM
    hi everyone,

i have the new blackberry bold 9780, i installed an application called LiveProfile, and some friends told me that it is a virus and i should delete it. i did delete it but after rebooting the device a message showed in it saying "UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION:JAVA.LANG.ERROR. so can anyone help please.
    NOTE: i shut the device down, removed battery and reopen the same problem showed. so please is there any way to remove this message??
    thankyou
    04-19-11 06:25 PM
    Ok, I get this problem too, but know what causes it so listen up. Basically, if you have the user data for default permissions under the applications section of options set to deny, you will get that error at the beginning of every reboot. It is possible to have the default permissions for user data to set to deny and not get the "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" message as long as you have user data set to allow for the right third-party application. I have not tested this one yet but I'm thinking it may also be possible to not set user data to allow for that specific app but only the subcategory of user data that it needs to allow and not get the message; I say this part because I know some of you out there care about the security of your BB much like I do and do not want to set everything to allow.
    05-01-11 09:26 AM
    Ok, I get this problem too, but know what causes it so listen up. Basically, if you have the user data for default permissions under the applications section of options set to deny, you will get that error at the beginning of every reboot. It is possible to have the default permissions for user data to set to deny and not get the "uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" message as long as you have user data set to allow for the right third-party application. I have not tested this one yet but I'm thinking it may also be possible to not set user data to allow for that specific app but only the subcategory of user data that it needs to allow and not get the message; I say this part because I know some of you out there care about the security of your BB much like I do and do not want to set everything to allow.
    niss63 likes this.
    05-01-11 09:30 AM
    Hi All,

I'm also receiving Uncaught Exception java.lang.error. How to fix? I'm using BB9780. Thanks!
    05-30-11 09:15 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD