Hey everyone I have a 7100i and have had it for a while. About 2 months or so. Every now and then I notice while texting I will hit a few letters and it will spit out a word! How is it doing it? Is it supposed to? I would love to find out how it does it or if there is something I can do to get it to do it all the time. I have heard that is what the pearl does but I don't know. Well hope you guys can shed the light on it for me! I appreciate it and love reading the forums!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 08:17 AM
    The suretype is pulling from your typing history. The 7100i will "learn" as you type and will stary to anticipate your words - typo's and all. when in a text box, press and hold the * (star) key for about 2 seconds and you it will switch entry modes between suretype and multi-tap and give you a popup window to warn you. You should also see a small ABC logo in the top right corner for a couple of seconds.

also - you can edit the prior words/text/typos and any shorthands you want by going to options->autotext

What I can't figure out is how to force suretype to stay in english mode only. anyone have a fix for that ?

my 7100i never spits but it does barf every so often
    04-30-08 06:23 AM
    Lol. Thanks for the help I will check into it! I kinda figured that is how it worked but wasn't for sure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 12:52 PM
    Also you can add words to the dictionary that suretype pulls from.
    04-30-08 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD