CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default SIP client?

Hello,

I have one of those regular cell phone sized BlackBerry 7100's from Vodafone for a couple of years.

I wonder is there are any SIP clients available for that type of device/OS ?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ing for the fjords

There is not any publicly available SIP client for any BlackBerry. Many forums threads on this already.
    The lesson we learned from iPhone: People who can't walk and chew gum at the same time don't need a phone that can multitask...nobody likes a phone to be smarter than they are Go RIM, Go BlackBerry. BlackBerry rules!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

sorex and F0nage,

I have another solution for you! - MyKryptofon

www(dot)myKryptofon(com) has a full (not demo/beta) version of the app for free for a 14 day trial.

This app is completely set up for VOIP/SIP, but that's not the main purpose of the app. The app offers 256 bit encryption for your voice. Everyone knows BB does a good job of encrypting your data, but NOT your voice.

I would ask you to download the app and provide me with some feedback! I will be posting a full forum thread on this within the next 48 hours.

Here are some hard product specs...

Compatible on any global GSM carrier
    Cellular GSM or WiFi capable
    AES 256 bit encryption
    NSA Suite ‘B’ compatible authentication
    Malware protection from rogue capture of the microphone
    Encryption key rotation technology
    Time activated encryption keys
    Voice, chat and file transfer
    Interoperability with our Windows Mobile and Windows product on GSM, CDMA, WiFi, Satellite BGAN, and Ethernet networks.

thanks

Brian
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ing for the fjords

Hi Brian,

That looks like a neat product but what the market needs right now is a true SIP client, noty locked to any particular server and in my opinion with a one-time licensing charge in line with BlackBerry application prices and not a monthly fee.

I am not sure why you guys chose AES256 although it is relatively cycle-friendly, I would have expected a stream cipher would offer a lot better performance and acceptable security with key refreshing at appropriate intervals.
    The lesson we learned from iPhone: People who can't walk and chew gum at the same time don't need a phone that can multitask...nobody likes a phone to be smarter than they are Go RIM, Go BlackBerry. BlackBerry rules!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Hi F0nage,

Thanks for you post! And you are 100% correct. The BB world needs a SIP client not locked to one service and a one time fee. Thanks to you and many other providing feedback on these boards, we will have this app available hopefully within 30 days. As I have asked on other threads, what would you pay for an app like this?

We know the current product is not for the average user, however, it has given us the chance to put it out there, and listen to the demand for a SIP client.

I look forward to your response.

B
    CrackBerry User

BlackVoib is a sip client not locked to a sip service provider. It supports 8520, 8900 and all 9xxxx GSM devices.

BlackVoib