People on the other end of the line can't hear me. Any ideas???
    09-26-08 10:48 PM
    1. be sure your mute key is not "on"
    2. try a battery pull (this is a common solution to the opposite problem, the BB user can't hear the caller)
    3. be sure you're talking loud enough (sorry couldn't resist!)
    09-26-08 11:46 PM
    i've had this problem a few times. batt pull usually works
    stormrider2020 likes this.
    09-26-08 11:51 PM
    Also seeing that you have a 7series BlackBerry has it ever been in for a full service? Also check that where the mic is situated that the hole is not blocked by something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    southlander likes this.
    09-26-08 11:56 PM
    Where do you take it for a full service?
    09-28-08 06:55 PM
    How do you know if the mute button in on? and, can it get 'stuck' on? Seems ridiculous to me that the only fix is a batt pull--so cumbersome!
    10-07-08 12:51 PM
    I have the same problem with my Bold. I am on my second phone now and going tomorrow to get a third. A battery pull fixes the problem for me but it's very frustrating to get business calls and not be heard. Then pull the battery and wait 2 minutes for the phone to reboot and return the call. This is especially frustrating when driving. Yesterday an ATT rep told me they are unaware of this particular problem with the Bold. I find that hard to believe. It is more likely that the customer service reps have not been given the ok to talk about the issue. This is my first Blackberry. I made the switch from the iphone and I'm very dissapointed.
    11-12-09 11:23 AM
    I have the same problem with my Bold. I am on my second phone now and going tomorrow to get a third. A battery pull fixes the problem for me but it's very frustrating to get business calls and not be heard. Then pull the battery and wait 2 minutes for the phone to reboot and return the call. This is especially frustrating when driving. Yesterday an ATT rep told me they are unaware of this particular problem with the Bold. I find that hard to believe. It is more likely that the customer service reps have not been given the ok to talk about the issue. This is my first Blackberry. I made the switch from the iphone and I'm very dissapointed.
    i had the app autostandby installed and this blocked my mic. after uninstalling everything worked fine.
    02-14-10 07:59 AM
    Problem persists: People I call, or who call me suddenly stop being able to hear me. problem started about 2 months ago. Not every call. Battery pull does not fix this.

Storm 9530, 1 1/2 yrs old, 3 mo old battery, Have just had a full wipe of the phone and re-installation of everything two days ago. No fix. Carrier=Verizon. Husband has same phone, but not this problem.

No, mute is not on, no the mic is not plugged, no "autostandby" (don't even know what that is) etc., etc. This is frustrating, not funny; suggestions welcome.
    12-13-10 11:02 AM
    Anyone find a solution to this?
    12-05-11 03:53 PM
    1. be sure your mute key is not "on"
    2. try a battery pull (this is a common solution to the opposite problem, the BB user can't hear the caller)
    3. be sure you're talking loud enough (sorry couldn't resist!)
    I agree with your opinion.
    12-21-11 06:52 PM
    I am on my third replacement global Bold BB phone since puchasing this phone one year ago. Tech support at Verizon claims they've never heard of this problem before and cannot fix it after analyzing my case. I do use my phone continuously for business throughout the day..with GPS, email, text, and high call usage. PLEASE!...What is causing the microphone to mute without my pressing the mute button? This happens at least 1-5 times per day..and is embarrassing / time wasting.. Verizon's remedy is to replace my new phone with the model I had turned in at upgrade time! Not acceptable. My former Bold did not have this problem...but the trackball kept giving me problems. Please help! If this is not fixable, I might move to Droid PRO or some other phone completely. Can't continue on like this for remainder of my contract.
    Last edited by terimr; 12-31-11 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typo
    12-31-11 07:50 AM
    Problem persists: People I call, or who call me suddenly stop being able to hear me. problem started about 2 months ago. Not every call. Battery pull does not fix this.

Storm 9530, 1 1/2 yrs old, 3 mo old battery, Have just had a full wipe of the phone and re-installation of everything two days ago. No fix. Carrier=Verizon. Husband has same phone, but not this problem.

No, mute is not on, no the mic is not plugged, no "autostandby" (don't even know what that is) etc., etc. This is frustrating, not funny; suggestions welcome.
    I agree. This is not funny..I've gone through 3 phones in attempt to rid this from my daily work stress and after hours on the phone to try to remedy it, I've had no success. Verizon denies there is a problem with this phone, as does their tech support.. Clearly by reading this forum, there is a problem here. I'm very frustrated. I suspect the problem is because my phone is used to much throughout the day..almost as if I'm overloading it. This will be my last Blackberry phone..

Sorry for ranting...
    12-31-11 07:56 AM
    Hi All

I'm using the Bold 9900 in Saudi Arabia and just purchased the phone one month ago.

The problem of unable to recieve and send out calls started intermittently and occurs at least twice a day..taking out the battery for now seems to be the only solution but this is just not acceptable for a "high end" phone like this.

At first i thought i was the only one suffering this problem, taking it back to the service provider is no help either as they kept saying that they have never heard of this problem before (im sure they have)

Luckily im not in any contract since BB phones here are normally bought in cash. So i guess my only way now is to go to the iphone way..

For the record, I have been a very loyal BB user eversince they started so many years ago...I used the Torch 9860 before this and it to gave me so many problems..not the least the forever waiting for the apps to start..(same problem in Bold 9900 too)

01-04-12 03:27 AM
    People on the other end of the line can't hear me. Any ideas???
    Hey ive been experiencing this kind of glitch, how did you fix it?
    04-13-12 05:59 AM
    Also seeing that you have a 7series BlackBerry has it ever been in for a full service? Also check that where the mic is situated that the hole is not blocked by something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes the mic hole is pretty small and it would be very easy to obstruct it.
    09-16-12 01:21 AM
    Hey I had the "they can't hear me" problem sporadically over many months on Verizon smartphone.

Solution was to go to settings/personal settings/phone and in network tab switch from Global to CDMA, also go to CDMA tab and update settings.

This solved my issue with people sometimes not hearing me, my MS Sync directions not hearing me, my voicemail intro to forwarded messages not hearing me, etc.

Next time I leave the US I will reactivate global network.

I feel this is a Verizon GMS defect, though my phone may play a role.

Good luck!
    12-22-12 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD