Is there a way to get data back after a wipe? I asked the user to backup all data on the device and bring it back to me.... the user did not backup! IF there is a way please let me know... is there a way to make the storage memory act like a storage device so I can use by recovery software? All options are appreciated.

Frank A

VentureNet
    09-26-07 09:34 AM
    You probably already know this, but in case you don't....

While you can enable the BB mass storage device and essentially use it like a hard drive (ie. plug it into your computer and you will be able to recognize it as a storage device), the BB itself cannot use the card for all that much. Basically, it can only be used for media (ringtones, video, music).

However, I'm assuming you are looking for the BB to actually utilize this space and not simply use it as mass storage.

Sorry, but I think your user is sunk.
    09-26-07 09:57 AM
    Well that sucks... so there is NO way possible to get the calendar, and contacts back?
    09-26-07 10:16 AM
    I've backed up my Contacts to Yahoo! Go, which syncs my address book with my 'berry. If it gets wiped, I just have to re-download Y! Go and it'll add my address book back. Hope this helps out a bit.
    09-26-07 11:57 AM
    There is no way to recover any data after a wipe. You need to make backups using desktop Manager. I suppose you could save the backup .ipd files to your SD card but you'd still need your computer to restore the data from the .ipd file.
    09-26-07 01:19 PM
    It doesn't hurt to check the SIM card just in case.
    11-07-07 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD