Just got a second hand blackberry 7230 today off ebay.
    Thought I would start with a basic model to see if I liked it.
    I don't understand how to get photos onto my mobile from my laptop.
    I have a lead which is USB based, but not sure what it's for. It could be to charge the phone, but not sure.
    It recognises the phone on my computer though.

I have gone onto the Blackberry website and tried to download apps, but I can't do it.
    Has anybody any tips for a complete newbie please.
    08-20-10 06:01 PM
    The 7230 is quite old, not the best of examples to test drive a BB to see if you like it unfortunately. You can find the user guides for it here: Livelink - Redirection

The latest OS available for it is 4.0, which the vast majority of apps don't support any longer. If you wanted to use the device as a communication device, email/sms/phone/calendar its fine but for anything else sadly you wont have much luck.
    08-20-10 06:08 PM
    i work like a technician if u ask me the 7230 is one o the best blackberry that resit all most everything !
    12-19-10 07:18 PM
    The 7230 doesn't have enough memory for photos, it's really just an email machine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 04:56 AM
    Try to open your phone on your computer and check the free memory space of your mobile phone.if your phone is opening properly then this is your memory issue.
    06-02-12 05:42 AM
    The others are right and you really needd to get one of the 87XX series if you want to see what a Blackberry is all about. My old 7520 was my favorite. These older RIM device were made to be much more durable than todays devices.
    06-15-12 11:05 AM
    You can also connect a data cable with your blackberry set and get the photos uploaded on your system....
    02-11-13 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD