I have a blackberry 7100i through Nextel/Sprint. I work overnights and I am having a problem with my calender... When I schedule an event that spans over 2 days (overnight) it changes the duration time and make the event longer then it should be....

e.g. When I schedule an event for 7pm to 4 am it shows up right on the first day but (after midnight) on the next day it will show as 12am until like 5pm... The best I can figure out is that it doubles the duration on the second day of the event...

I've gotten the phone replaced and all the replacements have the same problem. I am begining to think this is a known software flaw, has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know how to help?

I would apprciate any advice anyone can offer...
    06-25-08 09:53 AM
    What calendar view are you using? I can set an appt from 5pm today to 3am tomorrow and it shows up right in "View Day" mode. Whatever view you're using, try the others. Does it show up in all of them? If it's a software flaw, it's specific to that model phone. Unlikely, but possible.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-25-08 at 09:59 AM. Reason: clarity
    06-25-08 09:59 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I have not experienced any flaws like the one you mention, though I do not use the calendar app all too much!

So, the problem occurs on the 7100i... but your carrier is TMobile and the device you use is the 8320, according to your info

Just wondering why you don't use that? And not the old 7100
    06-25-08 10:00 AM
    Good catch, I am asking the question for someone I work with who is not very good at BB stuff.... I do have the Tmob curve, but the ? I have is for Sprint 7100i...
    06-25-08 12:15 PM
    In day view, I havent checked agenda yet... What makes me think it is a software issue is that it has happened on several phones that were "out of box" still...

Thanks for the advice, anything else you can think of? I am not BB stupid or anything but this one has killed me....
    06-25-08 12:28 PM
    What about your curve? Can you reproduce the problem on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 12:36 PM
    What about your curve? Can you reproduce the problem on it?

it works correctly on my curve, and even a 7520 I tested, it just seems to be an issue with the 7100i,,,
    06-25-08 03:16 PM
    I did a forum search for "7100 calendar problem" and found only your post plus two irrelevant ones. That, coupled with you finding the problem on multiple units fresh from the box, leads me to believe it's more likely an options setting than a software flaw. Unfortunately, I can't see anything on my 8830 that could produce the result you're seeing.

Are you entering the appointment on the 7100's calendar input screen, or with Outlook?
    06-25-08 03:54 PM
    I did a forum search for "7100 calendar problem" and found only your post plus two irrelevant ones. That, coupled with you finding the problem on multiple units fresh from the box, leads me to believe it's more likely an options setting than a software flaw. Unfortunately, I can't see anything on my 8830 that could produce the result you're seeing.

Are you entering the appointment on the 7100's calendar input screen, or with Outlook?
    I went through every option too and cant seem to find anything... I've tried it on the unit and through outlook... even when I changed conflict resolution to allow outlook to win, it will show up with this problem on unit... I originally searched several variation of this problem and couldnt find anything... I was hoping this is because most people dont use overnight events...

BTW: Thanks for all your help so far, and your quick responses.. it is much apprciated...
    06-25-08 04:47 PM
    What OS version is on the 7100's?

06-25-08 05:20 PM
    What OS version is on the 7100's?

v 4.1.0.376 (platform 2.1.0.46)

Sorry for the tardy response, was out of town...
    06-30-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD