Hi,
    I am currently using a 7130g Blackbery. I am not able to download any ringtones or screensavers on my blackberry from Crackberry.com

When I dowload it to PC from Crackberry, and use Desktop Manager to upload, i get a XML error.

Can anybody please help me??

Awaiting a reply,

Ajit
    10-16-07 07:46 AM
    Hey Ajit, the 7130g is compatible with mp3 ringtones, so you shouldn't have problems.

Here's my suggestion - skip the download and manual install process and do it over the air.

Once you are logged into the site and find the ringtone/wallpaper you want, click the Email this Ringtone! link (to the right of the Download link). Put in your device email address. From there, CrackBerry.com will send you an email that contains the download link URL. Open the email, click the link and the wallpaper/ringtone will download straight to your phone, where you will then have the option to Save it.

Let me know how that works!

PS. Welcome to CrackBerry.com! Make sure you make a post on the No Tricks, Just Treats Halloween BlackBerry Giveaway thread so you have a chance to win a new Berry!
    10-16-07 08:01 AM
    Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for the reply and advice.
    But the problem I face is that I am always in a low network area. Due to this, I am not able to log on wirelessly at any timeto the internet. And since I have been facing tremendous network problems, recently I have discontined the wireless internet on my blackberry, as its a pure waste of time and money.

So the only way for me is to downlod from PC, which I am unable to do. Whenever i download a ringtone from crackberry to PC, and try to install it through Desktop manager, I keep getting a XML error.

Do you know any other site or any other way I can download ringtones & wallpapers to my blackberry??

Also do you know where I can find a MP3 player on the web compatible for blackberry 7130g model? ( ALX and ALI files only compatible)

THanks, and awaiting a reply.

Hey Ajit, the 7130g is compatible with mp3 ringtones, so you shouldn't have problems.

Here's my suggestion - skip the download and manual install process and do it over the air.

Once you are logged into the site and find the ringtone/wallpaper you want, click the Email this Ringtone! link (to the right of the Download link). Put in your device email address. From there, CrackBerry.com will send you an email that contains the download link URL. Open the email, click the link and the wallpaper/ringtone will download straight to your phone, where you will then have the option to Save it.

Let me know how that works!

PS. Welcome to CrackBerry.com! Make sure you make a post on the No Tricks, Just Treats Halloween BlackBerry Giveaway thread so you have a chance to win a new Berry!
    10-20-07 12:28 AM
    Same situation only mine is a 7130e probably no difference. I get the feeling that this certain type of blackberry is business only, not really designed for media needy ppls.
    11-26-07 05:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD