My 7130e's thumbwheel has gone very erratic and is making life rather miserable for navigating through my unit. Any ideas where I can get this serviced. Or is there a way I can fix this myself (I am a broadcast engineer and am used to repairing microelectronics)?

Also, the hands-free speaker is extremely distorted. Same two questions as for the thumbwheel.

Thanks,

Jeff
    02-21-08 09:03 AM
    It might just need to be cleaned, Or you could try taking to your providers store and asking were to take it.
    03-25-08 07:41 PM
    You guys rock! I've been struggling with a funky thumbwheel for weeks and thought it was time to retire the old war horse 7130e, but then you mentioned cleaning the wheel. I took it a step further and got an eye dropper with alcohol and put two drops into the thumbwheel and worked it in.
    Cowabunga!
    It was like new! I also follwed up by using a little compressed air to help dry the residual alcohol.
    Now I can keep using the 7130e until RIM creates a phone that is the same size. I have pants which fit the phone perfectly, but RIM changed the shape of all their new phones to smaller (Pearl) or fatter (everything else). I'm still holding out for a new phone the same size. I hope I don't need to jump to an LG.
    05-27-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD