I have a 7100T which is unlocked and originally came from T-Mobile. I bought it years ago off eBay. It is hands down a much better device than any Nokia but for me to be able to use it I need to download gmail without having any service books or bb service.

I download Minuet and Opera 3 and only Opera tries to download the file but Gmail says they can't tell what type of BlackBerry I have and then it wants to hand off the download to the BB browser which has no service book.

How can I get the file onto my BB and how can download it seperately? Can someone here download using their bb service and then upload the file or files that I need?

I connect to the internet fine using GPRS - and just for information purposes, I am not in the USA.

P.S. Minuet gives me a readout that looks like xml but never downloads. I think it is downloading the file but in text, not as a binary.
    Last edited by pistonpilot; 03-23-08 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Why not?
    03-23-08 01:57 PM
    I think you have to have service books,
    03-25-08 07:06 PM
    I'm not trying to use the BB browser. I can connect to the Internet fine by using my local provider via GPRS.
    04-03-08 05:58 PM
    In order to hey email on a BB you need a data plan. That's the only way. Also you will need the service books for your email addresses. Unless you have either of those to no email. And for the service books some can't just send you there's. Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD